Free Consultation: (210) 229-8300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Shannon Willis Locke

Mr. Shannon Willis Locke

The Locke Law Group
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Shannon Locke is a San Antonio, Texas criminal defense attorney. A former White Collar Crime Prosecutor he has been fighting for his clients accused of crime for the past fifteen years. During his time as a criminal defense attorney he has successfully tried murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, domestic violence, and DWI cases.

He believes that a good lawyer is a good problem solver. Your criminal case poses a threat to your livelihood, your family and to your freedom. An aggressive attorney listens to your goals and develops a strategy for achieving those goals while advising you about your risks.

When you come into see me I will get a complete idea of how the criminal case is affecting your life. I will then tell you the strategies I will use to help resolve your case. No matter what your situation our goal is to minimize the consequences that you experience.

At the end of the consultation we will discuss payment plans and I will provide you with my cell phone.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free consultation to every client who calls me. I will meet with you in person and give you my insight into your case. I will not charge you even if you never hire me.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I determine the rates and retainer that I will charged based on the complexity of the case and my client's goals. My client and I determine what strategies we will be pursuing and come to an agreement about appropriate costs. I am willing to work out payment plans with my clients so that the cost is spread out over time.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken
University Of Arizona
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
The National Trial Lawyers
Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorney
2019 Top Ten in Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Top Ten Criminal Defense Attorney in Client Satisfaction
Professional Associations
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar # 24048623
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Board Certified in Criminal Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. dad gave permission where bro & I reside to store Disable senior mom 3piece antique furniture stored in bro Rm.stolen
A: Reading between the abbreviations it may be that you or a loved one is being accused of stealing something that was actually given to them. If this is the case you need an attorney who has experience dealing with this kind of situation, As a former white collar crime prosecutor and a defense attorney who has defended many people accused of theft, and theft from an elderly person, I know how to get your case resolved with the fewest consequences possible. Give us a call and we will set you up for a free consultation and you will leave with a strategy for resolving your case. Good luck.
Q. My name is Tresa I lost my son in 6-12-2012 & I lost my mind I just want someone to read the reports I have
A: Working with families who have lost a loved one is one of the hardest legal tasks for a lawyer. Before engaging a lawyer to complete this task you should make sure that your goals are well articulated. What exactly do you want to accomplish? Do you want to know what happened? Do you want to make sure that no one else was at fault? Do you want to make sure the investigation was complete and impartial? Do you want to file a lawsuit and earn a recovery? Maybe, you just want some answers. An attorney can help you with all of these tasks but you should make sure that you don't engage an attorney who is promising you the world. Maybe, the lawyer will be able to get you answers so that you can put your mind at ease. However, you should be aware that getting a recovery will likely be difficult. Take care of yourself, I am sorry for your loss.
Q. I am being charged for a 2nd degree felony i didnt do what theyre saying i did
A: Police officers make arresrs. They do this even when they shouldn't and even when given a rational explanation. The good news is that there is a filtering process that occurs. The first set of filters, after an arrest, occurs when your file goes to the District Attorneys Office. There your case will be evaluated by an attorney. This is a process you want to be represented during. Your attorney can explain your side of the story and why your case should not be indicted. In short, this is the best time to hire an attorney who knows how to get your case dismissed. Go interview lawyers ask them about their experience and hire a lawyer you trust. Good Luck!
Q. Minor charged with poss CS <1G, will i be drug tested. If so, during, before, or after court?
A: These are questions that are best asked to your lawyer in a confidential setting. New Braunfels is a very strict jurisdiction where the prosecutors take drug crime very seriously. You need to make an appointment with a lawyer who is familiar with Comal County and knows how they operate. We have handled many cases like these in Comal County and can give you frank advice about what to expect when you go to court. If you would like a free confidential consultation we would be glad to set one up for you so that you can go to your court date armed with a strategy to get you (or your loved one) the best possible result.
Q. What is the proper way to remove a gun from a unoccupied vehicle in texas?
A: When people have had their rights violated it is hard to articulate exactly what went wrong (police officers may not have had a right to remove the gun but neither would crime scene investigators). When a criminal defense attorney hears a fact pattern they ask themselves two preliminary questions 1) What constitutional rights might have been violated 2) Will there be enough evidence to convict my client if we go to trial. If the facts unfolded as you describe them there are questions of possession and potential constitutional rights violations. However, police officers often fill in facts to suit their needs. So, you need to hire an attorney for your husband. The attorney needs to examine all of the evidence and then file the appropriate motions to put your husband in the best possible position to get the best possible result. Good luck to you and your husband I hope this helps.
Q. I hired a attorney for my son DUI the attorney would not return any calls but he was paid , I have been trying to call
A: This is difficult because the attorney may not understand that your son has a learning disability and therefore needs you or his uncle to be in the loop. I would do the following 1) Have your son make an appointment with the attorney 2) Go to the appointment with him. 3) Have your son speak to the attorney and ask that you or his uncle be allowed in the meeting. 4) Explain to the attorney why it is that you need to be involved in the representation. If none of this works go to the first court date with your son and explain to the lawyer why your son needs you involved. Unfortunately, not all lawyers are client centered. You should also be aware that these cases take a long time to develop (especially if there are blood results involved). Still, there is no excuse for not returning phone calls or responding to this kind of communication (the lawyer should at least tell you he won't speak to you and explain why). If none of the works follow the above lawyers recommendation and communicate with the State Bar of Texas.
Q. Can a police officer when asked what your rights are during a search of my person respond that they are going to do..
A: This is a difficult question. You have a constitutional right to be free of an unlawful search and seizure. However, sometimes officers ignore this right. When they ignore this right how are they punished? They cannot use the evidence that they seized against you in your criminal trial. That is what is referred to as the exclusionary rule. If the officer detained you without reasonable suspicion and searched your vehicle without probable cause and arrested you for something they found there then it could be that they cannot use what they found against you and your case can be dismissed. Still, this is not automatic, and police officers often fill in the gaps when they write their reports (bad stops suddenly become justified and searches suddenly have probable cause). So, you need an aggressive competent lawyer in your area to represent you. Good luck, unfortunately you have discovered one of the true injustices of our criminal justice system.
Q. My fiancé was/is on probation for THEFT <$2500-2 MORE PREV supposed to be for 4 years.
A: It is good that your fiance has not been in anymore trouble since he was on probation. However, not checking in is a fairly significant problem. You need to hire your fiance a lawyer. That lawyer needs to get your fiance a bond. After the bond is posted and fiance is out the lawyer should meet with your fiance to figure out how to get him back on track. We have used this strategy many times to good effect. Essentially, the judge is going to be upset that he didn't do what he had agreed to do, and the best way to cure that is to show that he can be successful on probation. Following the above strategy with an attorney who is familiar with the judge in your fiance's case may be a way to keep him out of prison.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Brook Hollow
15160 San Pedro
San Antonio, TX 78232
Downtown Office
1008 S. Alamo
San Antonio, TX 78210
Telephone: (210) 229-8300
Fax: (210) 229-8301