Mr. Russell D KnightRussell Knight practices exclusively in Family Law in Cook County
- Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
- Florida, Illinois
Russell Knight was born in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. His family moved to the United States in 1991.
Russell Knight attended Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois and graduated in 2000 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Computers Systems.
After two years working as a computer programmer for a Fortune 50 company, Russell Knight decided that he’d rather work with people than machines and he enrolled in the University of Illinois College of Law in Urbana, Illinois.
Upon graduating from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2006, Russell Knight began working for a small general practice law firm in Chicago, Illinois. The majority of the clientele at this law firm were Spanish speaking so Russell spent his free time during this period learning Spanish.
In 2009, Russell resigned from the small law firm and moved to Mexico to perfect his spoken Spanish. A few months later, Russell Knight returned to Chicago, Illinois to open up The Law Office of Russell D. Knight.
While Russell Knight always focused on family law, The Law Offices of Russell D. Knight began exclusively practicing family law in 2013. Russell Knight much prefers to do one thing, Family Law, and do it well. Russell Knight still, however, uses a great deal of his general knowledge of Criminal, Immigration and Bankruptcy Law in his Family Law practice.
Russell Knight has been working with attorney Rahul Iyer since 2015. A partnership or an associate position is too restrictive for either Russell or Rahul. Therefore, they co-counsel almost all their cases while sharing in expenses. Russell and Rahul are both originally from Canada and enjoy each other’s dry Canadian humor (or as we spell it, “humour”).
Russell Knight enjoys learning new languages, running, and cooking in his spare time.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Free Consultations are always welcome to discover if we are a good fit.
- French: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Neil Kauffman & Associates
- Associate at a small Chicago law firm.
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Bradley University
- B.S. (2000) | Business Computer Systems
- Law Office of Russell Knight
- Russell D. Knight | Family Attorney
- Who Has Custody Of A Child If There Is No Court Order In Illinois
March 15, 2023
- What If The Deponent Does Not Sign A Deposition Transcript In An Illinois Divorce?
March 13, 2023
- Illinois Divorce With An Upside Down Mortgage
March 11, 2023
- Russell D. Knight | Family Lawyer