"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Proverbs 3:27
Law Firm of Min Gyu Kim PLLC focuses ONLY on the area of Bankruptcy Law. We are here to help you find a new life tomorrow by helping you overcome the problem that you are facing today. If you have any legal questions, we will be more than happy to assist you to find the best approach in resolving your issues.
Areas of Law: Bankruptcy Chp7 and Chp 13
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Free Consultation
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Once we have determine whether a bankruptcy is right for you and what particular Chapter/bankruptcy will serve you best, we will quote you the cost of the bankruptcy including the filing fees to the Court.
- Korean: Spoken, Written
- South Texas College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Platinum Client Champion
- Martindale Hubbell
- Excellence in Client representation reviews
- Q. I filed for a divorce, married a little over 10 years. Am I entitled for half of community property and his assets?
- A: In Texas, community property is property acquired during hte marriage. Exception are any property that was given as a gift, inheritance or personal injury (speicifc type) directly given to one spouse. This also includes any retirement that was obtained or accumulated during hte marriage. The division is not necessarily half-half but 'just and right' division based on who is at fault and/or facts of your case. Also, you may be eligible to ask for spousal maintenance.
- Q. If my bankruptcy gets dismissed what can happen
- A: If the court dismissed your case with prejudice, than you must wait 180 days or as stated in the court order dismissing your case. If it is dismissed without prejudice, than you can file as soon as you want.
- Q. When an inmate files an answer in a divorce case what does the court do?
- A: Filing an answer means that the person has made an appearance for the purpose of his case. Generally depending on which court you are in and in what city, the Court will handle your appearance in court differently. In some courts, they will allow your appearnace at the court hearings through telephonic communication. Also, it means that the other party cannot default you in the divorce and get everything that she or he is asking for. If you are in agreement with the other spouse as the the divorce and whatever else is contained in the agreed order, than you could sign off on the agreed order.