Free Consultation: (503) 798-8708Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Michael A. Shurtleff

Mr. Michael A. Shurtleff

During COVID-19 Complete the whole bankruptcy process and never leave your home!
  • Bankruptcy
  • Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Michael Shurtleff is one of the most active bankruptcy attorneys in Oregon. He has helped hundreds of families deal with their debt issues. Michael's driving passion is streamlining and modernizing the bankruptcy process so it is as simple as possible for every client.

Practice Area
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    One easy payment plan. $250 down and $100/month to pay the remaining court filing fee and attorney fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
ID Number: 095070
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Willamette University College of Law
J.D. (2009) | Debtor/Creditor Law
Willamette University College of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. (1997) | Political Science
Brigham Young University Logo
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered
Q. i have a probate that went into foreclosure, what kind of lawyer do i need to go after the mortgage company?
A: Dear Asker, I would suggest someone in the debtor/creditor world who likes creative cases with a few complexities. Options might be. Keith Karnes, Tim Eblen Michael Obrien You can google those names with "attorney" and you'll find them online. They advertise primarily as bankruptcy attorneys, but there is a lot in addition that they may cover related to debtor/creditor issues.
Q. Can I apply for a loan and still file for chapter 7 if I am denied the loan?
A: Dear asker, Applying for a loan won't have any effect on your ability to file bankruptcy if you end up needing to do so.
Q. My partner and I are both on the house mortgage. Will I be able to file for chpt. 7 or 13? will it affect the mortgage
A: Hi, The main question will be how much equity you have in the home. If you own half the equity then a bankruptcy attorney will be able to look at the value of your home and the amount owing against it and figure out how much home equity you personally have. Many people are able to file chapter 7 even when they own a home and have equity. Just depends on how much equity you have. This is something that you will want to review with one of us (local bankruptcy attorneys) to see if you can file chapter 7. If you are able to file chapter 7, then you have the option to "reaffirm" the home loan meaning that you stay signed up on the loan and keep paying on it and it keeps reporting on-time payments to your credit report, etc.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Salem Law LLC
3040 Commercial St. SE Ste. 115
Salem, OR 97302
Telephone: (503) 798-8708
Cell: (503) 798-8708
Fax: (503) 664-4316
Monday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM (Today)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 10 PM
Sunday: Closed