Free Consultation: (888) 452-6589Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq.

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq.

Minnesota Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorney
  • Elder Law, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse
  • Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Minnesota Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorney Kenneth LaBore has proven results and knows how to hold negligent nursing homes, assisted living or other wrongdoers accountable for elder abuse and neglect. Unlike most personal injury cases involving accidents, most nursing home abuse and prevent cases are preventable. Vulnerable and elderly nursing home and assisting living residents often suffer abuse and/or neglect due to an inadequate number of qualified and trained staff or due to faulty medical equipment or procedures. The most common forms of elder abuse and neglect are pressure ulcers/sores, falls, medication errors, wrongful death, sexual assault, physical abuse, dehydration, malnurishment, and infectious disease. We work hard to hold the nursing home or elder care facility responsible and accountable for the harm they cause to Minnesota seniors. There is a focus on finding out how the injury occurred and working with care facilities to change their policies and procedures and then have training of the staff to make residents safer in the future. We charge no fee unless there is a settlement or verdict. We work to ensure that medical bills are paid, other out of pocket expenses are returned to the involved families and compensation is made for the future medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, pain, suffering and emotional distress suffered by the resident.

Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
8th Circuit
  • English
Professional Experience
Attorney / Owner
Attorney at Guardian Legal Services, LLC
Partner / Attorney
Partner at Pearson Randall Schumacher & LaBore, PA
Partner / Attorney
Partner at Daniels and LaBore, PLLP
Law Clerk
Attorney James K. Daniels, Esq.
William Mitchell College of Law
J.D. | Law
University of Saint Thomas
B.S. (1987) | Business Finance
Professional Associations
Minnesota State Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Current
Activities: CLE titled: "Getting to Know Elder Law" where Mr. LaBore spoke on the topic of Care Placement.
Elder Law Institute
Elder Law Institute Elder Law
- Current
Cook County Bar Association
- Current
Elder Law Institute
Elder Justice, Connecting Public Policy and Legal Practice
- Current
Minnesota CLE, State Bar Association Continuting Education
Basics of Elder Law, Overview of Senior Housing
- Current
Minnesota State Bar Association, CLE Committee
Elder Care Guide
- Current
Elder Law Institute
Seeking Long-term Care, What you Need to Know Before, During, and After Admission
- Current
Minnesota State Bar Association
Member and Co-Chairperson of Vulnerable Adults Sub-Committee
- Current
Minnesota State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Governing Council
- Current
American Association for Justice, Nuring Home Litigation Group
- Current
Hennepin County Bar Association
- Current
Minnesota Association for Justice
- Current
Ramsey County Bar Association, CLE Oversight Committee
Effect of "Swanon v Brewster"
Articles & Publications
Elder Law Handbook, 3rd Edition, 2012 Nursing Home Transfer and Discharges
Minnesota Continuing Education State Bar Legal Education
Elderlaw Handbook 2nd Edition, 2010 Supplement
Minnesota CLE, State Bar Association Continuting Education
Elderlaw Handbook 2nd Edition, 2011 Supplement
Minnesota CLE, State Bar Association Continuting Education
How to Identify Signs of Elder Abuse
MAJIC Journal
Elderlaw Handbook 2nd Edition, 2009 Supplement
Minnesota CLE, State Bar Legal Education
Elder Care Guide, Sifting Through Complex Houseing and Care Options
Pearson Randall Schumacher & LaBore, PA
Elderlaw Handbook, 2nd Edition, 2008 Supplement
Minnesota CLE, State Bar Association Continuting Education
Websites & Blogs
Minnesota Nursing Home Lawyer, Minneapolis Elder Care Attorney MN
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. Can I sue Mcdonalds because I was hit in the head with the machine that prevents the door from slamming?
A: This sounds like a lack of proper maintenance. I would contact the manager and let them know you would like to speak with their insurance. I recommend that you consult with a local attorney to assist with the resolution of the claim to maximize the amount of your recovery. Best regards.
Q. Does the Federal Court have jurisdiction over cases involving the return of Medicare payments to a nursing home?
A: Yes, the federal government has jurisdiction of the payment and collection of settlement funds and overpayments. The Centers for Medicare / Medicaid Services, CMS handles this through a department called MSPRC. Good luck.
Q. Is there an online form for Living Wills in the State of Minnesota that would be honored by medical personnel?
A: You would be looking for a document called a Healthcare Directive, which is the same as a living will. Good luck.
Q. I am poa for my 88 yr old dad with dementia, my sis took him to bank to be put on his acct without me knowing, can i rev
A: This question depends on the current mental capacity of your father. Since you are POA you do have legal authority and could ask for the bank to remove her name. The issue is that your father should have free will to do what he pleases with his money unless he is unable to comprehend his actions. Good luck
Q. Can a nursing home take my Mother's assets like CD's when the children's name are on them also?
A: There are limits on the amount of assets that a party can have and still receive public assistance. To answer your question it would be necessary to see the documents involved. I strongly recommend that you meet with a local elder law, estate planning attorney to assist with the Medicaid / Medicare eligibility requirements and review the CD. There may be some risk in cashing them and I would not do so without meeting with a lawyer. Good luck Kenneth L. LaBore
Q. My husband was killed after being over served at the bar. How long do i have to be able to sue the bar.
A: Statute of Limitation Questions can be complicated - I recommend that you consult with a local attorney. In general wrongful death claims have a 3 year SOL from the date of death. Liquor liability claims are called dram shop claims, which have additional requirements for notice. If you would like a free consultation, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 612-743-9048, I have handled many wrongful death claims and would be happy to answer your questions. Kenneth LaBore Attorney at Law 612-743-9048
Q. Elderly dad let younger woman with teen live w/ him until "she gets back on her feet". No lease. Can he get her out?
A: I recommend that a family member requests his Power of Attorney, if his not able to consent, then move the court for Guardianship and Conservatorship. Good luck.
Q. I was just wondering who or what type of attorney would I talk to in regurds to a structored settlement being vacted.
A: If the structured settlement is not for a disabled person or a minor you can sell the settlement. There are many companies that buy the guaranteed income stream for a discount. Good luck.
Q. Removing name from a loan
A: I recommend that you meet in person with a real estate and /or divorce attorney. Property title issues can be complicated and depends on many factors including the divorce decree. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Attorney Kenneth Lee LaBore, Minnesota Nursing Home Neglect
5001 Chowen Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55410
Toll-Free: (888) 452-6589
Telephone: (612) 743-9048
Cell: (612) 743-9048
Fax: (952) 920-8911