Free Consultation: (859) 581-0123Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Joseph T Ireland Esq.

Mr. Joseph T Ireland Esq.

Russell & Ireland Law Group
  • Personal Injury, Products Liability, Insurance Claims...
  • Kentucky, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I give candid advice designed to empower my clients to make their best choice. Choose an attorney able to help you find your path forward. Give me a call 859-581-0123.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Insurance Claims
  • DUI & DWI
  • White Collar Crime
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    We offer free initial consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards are accepted.
  • Contingent Fees
    We offer contingency fees for various cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates and retainers vary depending on your particular legal challenge. I charge between $200 to $250 per hour depending on the type of case and venue.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Russell & Ireland Law Group
- Current
Willenborg Russell & Ireland
Montgomery, Rennie & Jonson
Defended explosive engineers from claims stemming from detonation of explosive material. Defended truck drivers and trucking claims from wrongful deaths, personal injury, and other civil claims. Defended claims alleging traumatic brain injuries. Worked extensively with experts in a number of scientific and complex fields.
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Kentucky
B.S. | Business and Economics
Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Associations
Kentucky Justice Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Top 40 Under 40
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. My grandson has lived with my husband and me since birth. He's almost 5. What can we do to secure his future with us?
A: You can petition the court to be declared a defacto custodian and for custody. Mom likely has the ability to take the child back at any point if you do not have an order from the court granting you custody. You should contact a local family law attorney to discuss the specifics of your case and develop a plan to move forward. Best of luck.
Q. Can my sons mothers move out of state with my son?
A: You need to file a petition for custody and parenting time. If a court has not legally declared you are the father, you will want to include a petition to establish paternity as well.
Q. Hit by car/truck on 12/26/17, car/truck ran redlight hit me and kept going. My lt knee was dislocated, torn ligaments
A: You need to discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible. Feel free to call 859-581-0123.
Q. What rights does a non-custodial parent have when the custodial parent wants to send the child away?
A: He may want to consider filing a motion with the court to change custody or address the situation. Something is usually going on when a parent wants to send their child to live with someone else.
Q. Does he legally still have a foot to stand on after all this time?
A: You can file a termination of parental rights and adoption. Contact a local attorney to discuss the details and come up with a plan to move forward.
Q. Can I make my soon to be ex wife move since she is not on the deed or paying the mortgage?
A: You can file a motion for temporary exclusive possession of the property. You should contact a local attorney where your case is pending.
Q. My husband left me last December. Moved in with a woman in Kentucky. Our divorce is not final He is building a new home
A: You should contact a local family law attorney in your county asap. There is a possibility that you could be held liable for debts incurred by your husband while you are still married. You may want to consider filing for divorce to try and protect yourself.
Q. I have parental rights, my late finances family has custody of my kids. They wont let me talk or see kids
A: You would need to look at any orders the court has issued related to your children to know if anyone is in contempt. You are always able to file a motion with the court to address contact and visitation with your child. You should contact a local attorney to discuss your options.
Q. Asking for my brother need advice asap
A: So long as his parental rights have not been terminated, the father can file a motion for custody and parenting time. I would expect a lot of push back and if the court is inclined to start reintroducing the father to the child, I would expect it to go through a therapist. The father is going to need a lot of patience and understanding. Contact a family law attorney in the county where the child has resided for a consultation. Best of luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Russell & Ireland Law Group LLC
726 Greenup
Covington, KY 41075
Telephone: (859) 581-0123