Free Consultation: (561) 220-6659Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr Eric Klein

Mr Eric Klein

Klein Law Group, P.A.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Real Estate Law...
  • Florida, Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a trial lawyer with a boutique practice that helps people. My Firm concentrates in family law – Divorce, Paternity, Custody, and Prenuptial Agreements – consumer bankruptcy and real estate law, Foreclosure Defense and other real estate litigation - we have a title agency, engage in short sale negotiations --- I have highly skilled attorneys in each area --- we work together as a team. We help our Clients navigate a difficult, challenging, often uncertain process and assist them in achieving the best possible results. What’s unique about my practice is that I can assist people in all aspects of their personal and financial troubles from aggressively pursuing a divorce, to defending a foreclosure, short selling a property, bankruptcy and assisting them in rebuilding their credit. Unlike most law firms, we offer all of these services under one roof.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Real Estate Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Collections
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Klein Law Group, P.A.
- Current
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
J.D. | Law
Activities: Founder and Editor-in-Chief: The Writ
University of Pennsylvania
B.B.A. | Business
AV Preeminent
LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
2016 AV Preeminent Award. Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards Reflecting the Confidential Opinions of Members of the Bar and Judiciary.
The Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney: There is no bias. The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
Professional Associations
Wharton Club of South Florida
- Current
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Current
Boca Chamber
- Current
The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Palm Beach County Bar Association  # 35985
- Current
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Your Complete Guide to Restoring Your Credit After Bankruptcy
Credit Solutions Program
Legally Speaking with Eric Klein
Brookline Access TV
Speaking Engagements
Prenuptial Agreements, LeTip of Boca Raton, Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
LeTip of Boca Raton
Bankruptcy Chapter 13 101: The Plan, Law Review CLE, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Review CLE
Bankruptcy Chapter 7 & 13 Workshop, Law Review CLE, Palm Beach
Law Review CLE
Websites & Blogs
Klein Law Group
About Eric N. Klein
Legal Answers
204 Questions Answered

Q. If married but home and property are only in my name does my wife have rights to it after I ask her to leave my home
A: Generally, any property, real or personal, that was acquired during the marriage is subject to equitable distribution. With this in mind, if you bought the home and property during the marriage, your spouse has an equitable claim to it. Generally, 50%. The fact that your wife was cheating on you is not relevant as Florida is a no-fault divorce state. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Q. If my ex is behind in His Alimony payments can he be forced to sell items to keep me from becoming homeless.
A: You should file a Motion for Contempt/Enforcement AND notice it for a hearing. The judge has many options to get you your money, one of which is for him to liquidate assets. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Q. I can’t afford to pay my alimony payment!
A: You should immediately file a Motion to Modify Alimony AND set it for a hearing. You will have to prove to the court's satisfaction that there has been a substantial change in circumstances, which in this case, is the fact that your sales and income have been cut in half. I believe you should hire a highly skilled attorney to assist you. Good luck.
Q. Husband is not willing to take the 4 hrs parenting first class required by Florida. Does he have to complete the class?
A: Once you complete the class, file a Motion to Compel Husband to Take Parenting Class AND notice the motion for a hearing by calling the judicial assistant. At the hearing, you should be able to obtain a court order for him to complete the course. Then, if he still does not, the judge may withhold timesharing until he completes the class. Good luck.
Q. Am I entitled to some of my husbands lawsuit I took care of all bills etc now he left me cause his money is coming
A: If you were to divorce, you would not be entitled to any of the settlement. However, did you make a claim for Loss of consortium? If not, check with his attorney. That would be your claim. Good luck.
Q. Getting a divorce in Florida
A: Any skilled and reputable attorney will not answer this question. You should consult with a CPA to answer your question. Good luck.
Q. Can a mother with custody of a child prevent family any & all visitation/contact with cousins?
A: Unfortunately, it is allowed. Under the Florida Constitution, a parent has a right to privacy to raise his or her child as they see fit. That is, even if it were a grandparent, the parent can prevent a grandparent from seeing their grandchild. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...Good luck.
Q. Wife left 2 years ago she is now pregnant with someone else’s child what forms do I need to file to get my divorce?
A: This is a very complicated divorce. There are no forms that specifically address this issue. You are going to need assistance of an attorney. Good luck.
Q. If separated but living together am I able to change the locks of the house?
A: You could change the locks, but your spouse is still legally allowed to enter and live there. Your spouse could legally break the lock or a window and enter the house and continue to live there. The only way to get your spouse out is if he or she leaves voluntarily or by court order (divorce proceeding). Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Klein Law Group
4800 N. Federal Highway
Suite 307B
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 220-6659
West Palm Beach Office
777 South Flagler Drive
Suite 800 - West Tower
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone: (561) 353-2800
Ft. Lauderdale Office
110 East Broward Blvd., Ste. 1700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 580-8080