Michelle grew up in Denver, Colorado. Not long after graduating from the University of Colorado at Boulder she moved to New York City where she worked at a hedge fund before attending law school. Her law career has taken her to NYC, Denver and Chicago, but as of 2018 she now calls Iowa home. Michelle enjoys the family-centric lifestyle Iowa provides, and appreciates its atmosphere of kindness. She is also enjoying the wonderful biking Iowa provides. In her free time, Michelle likes to practice yoga, cook (mostly organic) and run.
Michelle’s background is in corporate and international taxation and her current practice focuses on estate planning, probate/trust administration and elder law. She practices out of the Bettendorf office of Pearson Bollman Law and is licensed in Iowa and New York.
Michelle graduated summa cum laude from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a degree in Sociology and Women’s Studies in 2004. She attended the Washington University School of Law, where she was a member, and served on the executive board, of the Washington University Law Review, and received her Juris Doctor in 2010.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid and VA Eligibility Planning
- Trust Administration
- Washington University School of Law
- J.D. (2010)
- University of Colorado - Boulder
- Sociology, Women's Studies
- Honors: summa cum laude
- State Bar of New York # 4916797
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Elder Law Answers
- Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Elder Law Workshop
- This workshop is held at various times of the month around the state. Please click on the website link below and go to the events tab of our website to find out more and to register. We will discuss the following topics: What is the difference between a will and a trust, the different types of powers of attorney and how to use them, how to protect yourself and your assets from long term care (nursing home) costs, how you can use trusts and avoid probate, the different types of trusts available and how to use them to your advantage, what is Elder Law, and how does all of this affect seniors.