Michael SpranoThe Sprano Law Firm, LLP
- Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI ...
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Miami University (OH) with a double Major in History and Political Science, Attorney Mike Sprano began his legal studies at The Washington and Lee University School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Sprano's courseload included a heavy emphasis on criminal and constitutional law classes. He also spent a summer interning for the United States Attorney's Office in Baltimore, Maryland. As a third-year law student he dedicated himself to service in a criminal defense law clinic assisting Virginia trial lawyers in the defense of Capital Murder cases. After graduating law school in 1998, Mr. Sprano spent one year as a law clerk on the D.C. Court of Appeals, where he researched and wrote draft judicial opinions, mainly in criminal law cases.
Mr. Sprano's courtroom experience began with the Fairfax County Public Defender's Office in 1999. He started out concentrating mostly on Juvenile criminal defense and Domestic Violence cases, before moving up to serious Violent Felonies, Larceny, Drug Crimes, and Sex Crimes. From 2002 - 2008 he was a managing and founding partner in the Fairfax criminal defense firm of Lopez, Meleen & Sprano, PLC., focusing exclusively on criminal and traffic defense throughout all of the state and federal courts in Northern Virginia.
Experience and Ability
Mr. Sprano has handled thousands of criminal cases, including almost 50 criminal jury trials and hundreds of bench trials (judge only). Attorney Sprano's jury trial experience has included all types of criminal charges including Reckless Driving and DUI, Domestic Violence, Breaking and Entering, Rape and other Sex Crimes, Robbery, Gun Possession and Drug Crimes, Abduction and Murder.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- 4th Circuit
- Lopez, Meleen & Sprano, PLC
- Criminal Defense Firm in Fairfax, VA
- Office of The Public Defender, Fairfax, VA
- Representing Juveniles and Adults charged with misdemeanors, theft and fraud offenses, violent felonies, and sex crimes.
- Law Clerk
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Researched and wrote draft opinions for appellate court judge.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- J.D. | Criminal & Constitutional Law
- Miami University of Ohio
- B.A. | History; Political Science
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Activities: Cross Country; Luxembourg campus 1993-94