Michael Riley

Michael Riley

Simpson Legal Group, LLC
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Iowa
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I am a partner at Simpson Legal Group, LLC. I was a lawyer in Minnesota prior to practicing in Iowa. I I completed the Comprehensive Divorce & Family Mediation from Crilley Mediation Services to become a mediator in my community.

My education started at Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN where I received my Bachelor of Science and graduated Summa Cum Laude. In 2006, I graduated from Hamline University School of Law with my Juris Doctorate. I am a member of the Iowa State Bar Association.

I was admitted to the Iowa Bar in 2013.

Practice Areas
    Property Division, Spousal Support & Alimony
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Iowa
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
General Partner
Simpson Legal Group, LLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Salvo, Deren, Schenck, Gross, Swain & Argotsinger, P.C.
Associate Attorney
Hoglund Law
University of Phoenix
M.P.A. (2011) | Public Administration
University of Phoenix Logo
Hamline University School of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Hamline University School of Law Logo
Minnesota State College & University - Minnesota State University, Mankato
B.S. (2003) | Political Science
Minnesota State College & University - Minnesota State University, Mankato Logo
AV Preeminent
Platinum Client Champion
Professional Associations
Iowa State Bar Association  # 29435525
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Mediation Training
Christine L. Crilley of Crilley Mediation Services
Websites & Blogs
Simpson Legal Group, LLC
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. I live in the state of Iowa what does filing the requisite affidavit and proceeding with service by publication mean?
A: Google Iowa court forms. The site has legal forms for unrepresented parties.
Q. Getting a divorce, what is the wife entitled to?
A: In Iowa, the Courts will divide property and debts obtained during the marriage. Therefore, if the house was obtained during the marriage, it could be considered marital property.
Q. Adultery in the state of Iowa
A: Adultery cannot be used against the other spouse in Iowa. In Iowa, spouses generally divide marital property and debts equitably.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Simpson Legal Group, LLC
50 Northcrest Dr
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Telephone: (712) 256-9899