Michael J. Carmona is a partner at Friedland | Carmona. Mr. Carmona was born and raised in Miami, Florida where he attended Christopher Columbus High School. Mr. Carmona then attended the University of Florida and received a Bachelor of Science in Finance and minors in Entrepreneurship and Communication Studies. While at the University of Florida he was on the Dean’s List for 5 semesters and interned at the prestigious Morgan Stanley financial institution. Mr. Carmona was also a recipient of the Gator Club of Miami Scholarship, Bright Future’s Academic Scholarship and an invited member to the Collegiate Leadership Academy and Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society.
Mr. Carmona then pursued his legal education at the University of Miami School of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree. While at the University of Miami School of Law Mr. Carmona received training in the distinguished litigation skills program, was Chairperson of First Book with the H.O.P.E. project and co-founded and was treasurer of the Labor & Employment Law Association. During law school Mr. Carmona was a law clerk with an insurance defense firm where he assisted lawyers defend personal injury victims on behalf of insurance companies. It was during this position where Mr. Carmona had the unique experience to see how insurance companies make decisions and handle personal injury victims. The following summer Mr. Carmona decided to follow his passion by helping victims of personal injury accidents and was hired as a law clerk with Friedland | Carmona. Mr. Carmona’s hard work and determination earned him a partner position with Friedland | Carmona where he primarily represents victims of personal injury accidents against insurance companies.
Mr. Carmona is licensed to practice law in all circuit and county courts throughout Florida. He is also authorized to practice in federal court in the Southern District of Florida.
- Personal Injury
- Construction Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability
- Insurance Claims
- Car Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Friedland | Carmona
- - Current
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of Florida
- B.S. | Finance
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Florida State Bar
- Florida Justice Association
- Personal Injury Law, Business Networking International
- Michael J. Carmona's Website Profile
- Friedland | Carmona Website
- Michael J. Carmona's Spanish Website Profile
- Friedland | Carmona Spanish Website
- Miami Injury Lawyer Blog
- What Happens When Your Child Safety Lock Isn’t Child-Proof?
12 June 2019
- Friedland Carmona Named Top Sponsor at 10th Annual Shop to Stop MS Event
26 November 2018
- Grocery Store Hazards
8 October 2018
- Are you prepared for Hurricane Season?
30 August 2018
- The (Un)happiest Place on Earth?
9 August 2018
- Royal Caribbean’s $20 Million Mistake
18 June 2018
- The “Reasonableness” of Your Medical Expenses: A Brief Overview
19 February 2018
- Jet Ski Mishaps.
6 October 2017
- Recovering from Hurricane Irma.
14 September 2017