Free Consultation: (914) 354-3809Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael H. Joseph
  • Personal Injury, Business Law, Construction Law...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Michael H. Joseph is an injury attorney serving New York City, NY, Manhattan, and White Plains. He is also a Partner at the Law Office of Michael H. Joseph, PLLC. He has devoted his career to representing people who were hurt in accidents at construction sites and other locations.

With more than a decade of experience representing clients, Mr. Joseph is an effective advocate in the courtroom, on appeal, at arbitrations, during mediations, and in administrative hearings. Since he understands how stressful and complicated life after an unexpected accident can be, Mr. Joseph vigorously advocates on behalf of injured individuals to seek a favorable outcome for each person in every case he handles.

Prior to his legal career, Mr. Joseph received degrees with honors in Political Science and Philosophy from the State University of New York at Oneonta. In 1999, he earned his law degree from Tulane University Law School.

Mr. Joseph is admitted to practice law before the state and federal courts of both New York and New Jersey. He also belongs to the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Westchester County Bar Association.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Business Law
  • Construction Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Maritime Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury cases accepted on a contingency fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
State University of New York - College at Oneonta
B.S. | Political Science
Honors: With Honors
Placeholder image for education.
State University of New York - College at Oneonta
B.S. | Philosophy
Honors: With Honors
Placeholder image for education.
Tulane University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Tulane University School of Law Logo
Top One Percent
National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Professional Associations
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Westchester County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 3015484
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
45 Questions Answered

Q. There is a judgement against me, but I was improperly served. How can I get the judgement vacated?
A: You can make a motion to vacate the Judgment on the basis of improper service of process.
Q. If a security from my building hit me , Can I sue
A: Yes. Any unauthorized physical contact is a battery
Q. Hello, I cannot afford a lawyer, but I need one for a slip and fall case. Bayside, NY 11360
A: If you are injured, most lawyers like myself who handle slip and fall cases, work on contingency, which means that you do not pay a fee unless you win or get a settlement and you do not pay up front.
Q. My daughter was hit by A car while crossing the street she had the light was in the crosswalk he was turning
A: Yes, but the first step is you need to file a no fault application with the insurance company for the car that hit your duaghter within 30 days of the accident. They are responsible for paying for her hospital and medical bills. You can find out the insurance company from the code on the police report. In addition, you can definitely sue the driver for your daughter's pain and suffering.
Q. I was injured on a fishing boat, but the boat owner is claiming they're not liable for my medical bills because I was
A: No. They are liable to pay maintenance and cure regardless of fault. Also you can sue the employer under the Jones Act for negligence of a fellow employee.
Q. As a boat owner, what are my legal obligations to guests on my boat if they slip and fall?
A: If they slip because of a dangerous condition, you could be held liable under the General Maritime Law. You should be aware that maritime law has recognized the lack of non-skid paint aboard a vessel to be a dangerous condition, since it is forseeable that the walking surfaces will get wet.
Q. I am from TN, work in NY and had a car accident in NJ. Where do I find an Attorney, NY/NJ or TN?
A: New Jersey is probably the best
Q. A taxi driver crossed the double yellow and hit me. He then proceeded to hit another vehicle.
A: You need to file a no fault Application with your insurance company right away so they will pay for your medical treatment. You can also sue the taxi driver. His excuses are nonsense because it is his responsibility to drive in a reasonable manner.
Q. Would my mother have a case if she fell in the bathrrom of a dialysis center?
A: It depends on what caused her to fall. In general businesses are only liable if someone gets hurt because they were negligent. So for example, if there was a defect on the floor or the floor had just been mopped and there was no sign, then potentially, there could be a case. On the other hand, if she just fell, there probably isn't a case, unless they knew she was weak and needed to be escorted.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
White Plains Office
203 E Post Rd
White Plains, NY 10601
Telephone: (914) 354-3809
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
New York Office
535 5th Ave
#2520 25th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 858-0503