Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Owner and Partner
- Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- - Current
- McCarter & English LLP
- Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1728 Questions Answered
- Q. I live in New York state and I have some people living in my home it is a one-family I want them out do I need 2 evict
- A: Yes, you must do a legal eviction.
- Q. Why is my bankruptcy lawyer pushing me to sue my last employer and amend my current bankruptcy filing?
- A: When you say you may have a case, the trustee is entitled to pursue it. If you told your lawyer you had no case, she should not have told the trustee differently.
- Q. Is there a way to discharge my remaining bankruptcy lawyer fees for a completely negligent lawyer?
- A: To avoid being sued by her, you should switch lawyers and get a deal with her. The problem is a new lawyer will charge you, so the cheapest way out at this point may be with her.
- Q. Are a will and a health Proxy made in the state of MA (3 years ago) are valid in the state of NY?
- A: Yes. But as the forms are different, I would change the health care proxy so NY hospitals do not give problems. Also, as state law differs, if the estate is large enough, change may be warranted for NY law if that is where maker of will resides now.
- Q. Can a New York bank ignore EIPA Laws because levy was placed on accounts relating to a CALIF judgement?
- A: It depends where the levy was done. If it is a New York restraining notice, then EIPA applies. If it is a bank in CA, and the levy was done there under CA law, even though you live in NY and use an NY branch, CA law applies.
- Q. I need to file an action for quiet title using adverse possession but I'm not sure where to file it.
- A: You cannot do this pro se, and based on what you posted you are going to lose. Check with a lawyer.
- Q. My chef quit and is opening a restaurant (same food) 3 blocks away from me. Is that legal?
- A: Unless there is some document that prevents it, it is legal. That would be like an employment contract with your chef, or something in the agreement when you bought the place.
- Q. Can a joint account holder deposit a check into their account if the check is made out to someone who passed away?
- A: It is a serious crime for a fraudulent endorsement. Report to the police immediately.
- Q. my dad left house to me and mom but i get the house if she dies and her name was put on deed do I get it when shes dead
- A: No.
Contact & Map