Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael David Siegel

Michael David Siegel

Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
  • Business Law, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Law ...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Check out my background at my website,

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Foreclosure Defense
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Education Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Partner
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- Current
McCarter & English LLP
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
University of Chicago
J.D. (1990) | Law
University of Chicago Logo
Columbia University
M.A. (1987) | Political Science
Columbia University Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 2372258
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
2249 Questions Answered
Q. How to review a NJ property contract?
A: This is bread and butter work. You are posting on the NY board. I am admitted in NJ and NY. However, if you just call a local lawyer near the property (which you can find on this site or Google), it would be fine. Do not sweat it. Once you hire the lawyer, attorney review can be extended by consent.
Q. Can I get some of my money back from an immigration lawyer for uncompleted work?
A: You can sue for a refund. Since it is in NYC and under $10,000 it is small claims. You can do it yourself. Go to the Civil Court at 141 Livingston Street and go to the Small Claims clerk.
Q. Made an investment of $10k (with a total of $40k-$50k with other investors). business dissolved and told I get nothing?
A: Depends on what your deal was, and what an accounting would show. Very hard for $10,000 to make something happen here. You can sue, but it would cost a high percentage of the recovery unless others joined. For $10,000 you can do a small claims case in NYC, and see if anything shakes out.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
521 Fifth Avenue
Suite 1700
New York, NY 10175
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Will come early or stay late if needed during the week.