Free Consultation: (516) 766-1878Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Arbeit

Michael Arbeit

Personal, Aggressive & Confidential Representation 24/7
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Traffic Tickets
  • White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Area
  • All Criminal Defense, Traffic Violation, and Personal Injury Related Matters
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent Fees on Personal Injury matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar # 2858561
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
The Practice and Business of Law, LIU POST
Speaking engagement before undergraduate students in regard to the practice of law as well as the business of law.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
36 Questions Answered

Q. I need a lawyer to represent my son in new York
A: Where in NY are you looking for representation and for what? It's a big state.
Q. Good morning I was charged with 3rd degree aggravated assault charge and no criminal records ever what can happen
A: Where did this happen (what County)? It is a Class A Misdemeanor (crime) punishable by up to 1 year in jail. Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney for proper representation.
Q. Can a police officer ticket me if he did not see me driving but was told by another officer that I was ?
A: The officer that saw the alleged traffic infraction would have to sign a supporting deposition saying so. If there was a trial, the officer who witnessed the infraction would have to testify. If the government just brought in the cop that wrote the ticket, but did not observe the violation, his testimony would be heresay.
Q. What if a detective denied me a lawyer? could my case be thrown out? criminal possession of a controlled substance
A: If you do not already have an attorney representing you, consult with one immediately. If you do, speak to them about these issues. Your version of the events and the police version I am sure are going to be completely different, but that's what suppression hearing are for.
Q. Driving without license and inspection tickets from 2 years ago. Never went to court. Will I get in trouble if I go now?
A: You should consult with an attorney in regard to this matter for proper representation. And, do NOT drive at all until this matter is resolved.
Q. How can l get an application for a certificate for good conduct. To be honest l don't know the correct terms.
A: Depending on what the felony convictions was for and any other past criminal history, you may be eligible to seal that conviction pursuant to CPL Section 160.59. You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in regard to this matter.
Q. How would I view records of a drug case from the early 90's that was settled in Albany District Court?
A: You would need to go the clerk's office of that court and ask to see the court file (chances are they are going to have to order it from records for you). If the matter was not yours and the case was sealed, you will not be allowed to review the file.
Q. Does a 22 year old felony conviction show up on an employment background check?
A: If the Felony conviction was in NY, the answer is YES. There is a way to seal that conviction (depending on what is was) if you meet certain requirements. See NYS CPL Section 160.59 or contact an attorney to see if that can be accomplished.
Q. False accusation of sexual abuse of minor. Word of minor only. No witnesses or evidence whatsoever.
A: What county is this case pending in? I would try and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney for proper representation. Legal Aid attorneys are very good. The only draw back is the tremendous case load they may have to carry. So, they may not be able to give the type of attention to your matter that a private attorney would be able to.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Michael A. Arbeit, P.C.
23 S. Main Street, #30
Freeport, NY 11520
Telephone: (516) 766-1878
Cell: (516) 547-5011
Fax: (516) 678-2266