You may also view my firm's website at www.omcgslaw.com. "No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers."
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Juvenile Law
- Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Social Security Disability
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Associate Attorney
- Otts, Moore, Coale, Godwin, Stearns & Darby
- - Current
- Melissa L. Padgett Attorney at Law, LLC
- Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University
- J.D. (2014) | Juris Doctor
- Honors: Best Paper: Evidence and Professional Responsibility
- Auburn University
- B.S. (2010) | Agricultural Business & Economics
- Best of the Best: Profession under 40
- Brewton Standard
- Brewton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Alabama Bar Association
- Guardian ad litem
- Juvenile Court
- Q. How can my stepson get to visit his child when the mother refuses to let him? She will not even answer his text or calls
- A: If he has no money for an attorney, he can simply file a petition himself requesting visitation. If visitation has already been established, he can file a petition against the mother for contempt of court. He would be representing himself in his case, but he would be required to pay a filing fee. He can ask the clerk for an affidavit of substantial hardship that essentially is a request to the Court for a waiver of the filing fee.
- Q. Will the judge grant visitation for a CS case? I filed through DHR
- A: A Judge could hear the issue of visitation during the hearing to establish child support, or he could hear it at a different time. The DHR attorney will not represent you regarding the issue of visitation. The DHR attorney will simply prosecute the issue of child support. So the answer would be yes. You would need to hire an attorney to represent you regarding the issue of visitation.
- Q. I am 18,my 17 year old girlfriend(also my baby's mother)want to get married.
- A: Yes, her Grandmother must consent. Alabama law (30-1-5 Code of Alabama) requires that consent of the parents or guardians of the minor to the marriage must be given, either personally or in writing(notarized), to the Judge of Probate before a marriage license will be issued.