Free Consultation: (510) 860-5919Tap to Call This Lawyer

Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.

Law Offices of Maxwell Charles Livingston
  • Business Law, Divorce, Elder Law...
  • Wisconsin
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Divorce
  • Elder Law
  • Entertainment & Sports Law
  • Environmental Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $150 and $125 for teachers and members of nonprofits
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Partner, COO, Mediator
Maurice|Maxwell Mediation, LLC
- Current
Mediate and co-run mediation practice
Law Offices of Maxwell Charles Livingston
- Current
Mediator, Small Claims Court
Milwaukee County Courthouse
Research associate for Law Professor Chad Oldfatther
Marquette University Law School
Researched case law in the field of judicial process
Law Clerk
California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
Wrote briefs, memoranda, and letters to and on behalf of, clientele.
Marquette University Law School
J.D. | Doctor in Law
Honors: Pro Bono Honors Society
Activities: Western Regional Director, National Democratic Law Students' Council President, Environmental Law Society President, Law School Democrats
Marquette University Law School Logo
Marquette University Law School
Graduate Certificate in Dispute Resolution | Dispute Resolution
Marquette University Law School Logo
University of California - Berkeley
B.A. | English Literature
Honors: Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Society Alumni Scholar
University of California - Berkeley Logo
Pro Bono Honors
Marquette University Law Society
Professional Associations
Association for Dispute Resolution of Northern California
Member Mediator
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wisconsin Bar Association
Member Lawyer
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Hawaii Supreme Court Requires EA for Superferry
NPDES Permit Not Required to Transfer Pollutants Through Pumps
Water Log (University of Mississippi Law School)
Member Attorney
Wisconsin Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
45 Questions Answered

Q. I am interested in 2 different types of businesses, do I apply for 1 LLC or 2. Do u do LLC's and real estate law.
A: If it's two businesses, it would be two LLCs. I have filed Articles of Incorporation, and I also practice real estate law. Please email me at, and we can setup a time to meet.
Q. Offer accepted subject to inspection, failed inspection, new offer seller repair. Seller dies before accepting
A: Great questions! Technically, you could argue that the 10 day period to cure/repair has expired - meaning that you can walk away free and clear. The counter-argument may be "extenuating circumstances". But, I believe you would have a strong point that in fact has expired - meaning you can walk away. Please email me at if you have further questions, or to setup a meeting in my office.
Q. In Wisconsin, can a Guardian Ad Litem interview a witness that one of the parents has a current restraining order against?
A: Yes, he or she may. However, the GAL would need to present the witness on the witness list (as there might be provisions before the witness can take the stand, to protect the party on whose behalf the restraining order was granted).
Q. I have a park model at a WI seasonal campground for sale. Is it legal for the owner to get a percentage of the sale?
A: On these facts, yes. Please provide more information, so I can be of utmost utility. You can email to initiate further correspondence. All the best.
Q. Can you tell me how much it cost per child to get a restraining order in Tomah, WI?
A: There is no cost to file a child abuse or individual at risk restraining order.
Q. I am trying to find a successful civil rights lawyer. How can I see who won cases on the federal court site?
A: There are many good ones. See what a former civil rights client had to say about me: Thank you. If you need help, please email at
Q. How do I terminate guardianship for my 17 year old granddaughter?
A: You need to fill out form GN-3650 through the Wisconsin court system (accessible at Then, you will file this form with the court, after which there will be a hearing. Entailed here is, for example, an evaluation of your grand-daughter's mental competency. For assistance, please email me at
Q. Hi I have been with the same man for 23yrs we are not married. I own a house it's paid for Does he collect money if sold
A: Wisconsin allows cohabitation, but there is no common law marriage in Wisconsin. What does that mean, you might ask. Well, in the state of Wisconsin, unless you are married, there is no community property right to half. Hence, division of property is based solely on implied or express contract; if it's in your name, you are likely the rightful owner to the proceeds. If you need legal help to enforce this, through letters and through the court, please email me at
Q. Can I cash out a 403 plan after I filed for bankruptcy
A: While you can, I wouldn't recommend it.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
1050 Kains Ave. #A1
Albany, CA 94706
Cell: (510) 860-5919