Free Consultation: (949) 288-6775Tap to Call This Lawyer
Maxwell A. Hills

Maxwell A. Hills

Hills Law Group
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Hills Law Group assists clients in identifying and maximizing assets in a divorce. If you are engaged in a divorce and wish to: * Create an accurate picture of your assets and debts * Understand what you are entitled to * Ensure that you pursue all possible assets and other claims * Achieve a beneficial division of your assets * Receive counseling as to what is in your best interest each step of the way * Work with an attorney who focuses on family law in your area I can help you. My practice is focused on family law, and I have years of experience in all aspects of this area, including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence, and paternity matters. I have vast experience in complex asset division and have the knowledge necessary to help you understand how the law can work to maximize your assets.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Hills Law Group
- Current
Bremer, Whyte, Brown, & O'Meara, LLP
Hughes & Hughes, LLP
Mower & Carreon, LLP
Content Protection
21st Century Fox
Law Clerk
Honorable J. Zainey, United States District Court
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (2013)
University of California - Irvine
B.A. (2009)
Distinctive Family Law Attorney Selection
Lawyers of Distinction
Distinctive Family Law Attorney Selection
Lawyers of Distinction
Clinic Practitioner Excellence Award
Stuart H Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice
CALI Civil Procedure
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 292518
Corona Del Mar Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Child Support Finances
Speaking Engagements
Family Law Education for Professionals, Center Club Business Leadership Committtee, Center Club
California Bar Member
California State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered

Q. How would I go about transferring a case to another state, after a judgment has been entered for a divorce.
A: You need to check with a Nevada attorney. There will likely be jurisdictional requirements that must be met before you can pursue any modification or action in Nevada. For example, in California, you must hold residency in the state for a prescribed amount of time before you may file in CA.
Q. I need a good pro bono lawyer. Can anyone please help before it's to late
A: Contact the State Bar for recommendations. Sometimes local Law Schools may operate free clinics that could be assistance.
Q. My mother passed away and her same sex domestic partner is avoiding me. She has presented no will. What can I do?
A: This is a question to post in the Trusts and Estates/Probate Section. While it involves some Crossover Family Law issues, the other forum members will be better equipped to answer you question. This may be time sensitive and you should seek counsel forthwith.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Hills Law Group South County Office
30211 Avenida de las Banderas
Suite 200
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
Telephone: (949) 288-6775
Fax: (949) 258-5896
Hills Law Group Newport Beach
620 Newport Center Drive
Suite 1100
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Telephone: (949) 288-6775