Matthew Schlau has an extensive background in civil litigation, which includes counseling private companies in hundreds of matters in all stages of litigation. His experience also includes advising companies in private joint venture arrangements and serving as outside general counsel to review, draft, and negotiate contracts and other documents relating to a wide range of exceptional and ordinary-course business transactions. He began his own practice so that he could permanently shift his focus from conflicts to building value. He now helps clients design, create, and grow by proactively addressing personal and business matters.
Matt holds a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of California, Santa Barbara, as well as a Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
We always give free initial telephone consultations because we believe that optimal legal representation is always personal, and part of making making your experience personal is making sure we are available for you. You can shoot us an email or give us a call any time, and we'll break down our services and what we recommend to get things going. We're just as available throughout representation. We want you to feel comfortable and confident that'll we'll be there for you in a way that only comes with a close, personal relationship with your attorney. Once this is taken care of, you're ready for a Design Meeting, which will cover your matter in detail. This meeting costs $450 and is credited toward your total fee should you choose to move forward with us. We typically travel to our clients for convenience and offer extremely flexible appointments, with availability seven days a week.
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercasrd, Discover, American Express
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We always operate on a fixed-fee basis, which means there are no hourly legal fees. Ever.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Italian: Written
- Principal Attorney
- Schlau Rogers
- - Current
- Southwestern Law School
- J.D. (2011) | Law
- University of California - Santa Barbara
- B.A. (2007) | Philosophy
- Honors: President, Business Economics Association
- Activities: Habitat For Humanity, Hurricane Katrina Rebuild
- State Bar of California  # 296011
- - Current