Free Consultation: (619) 338-0022Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew Lee Spiegel

Matthew Lee Spiegel

  • Bankruptcy, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Matthew Spiegel, San Diego's Experienced and Proven Criminal Attorney

Spiegel, founder of Spiegel Law Group, is one of San Diego's best and most respected criminal lawyers. With over 750 criminal cases handled, Matthew has turned himself into an aggressive and skilled criminal attorney.

Mr. Spiegel has defended clients in all types of criminal cases. He has defended over 750 clients, including defendants facing charges of murder, assault with a deadly weapon, drug possession, robbery, burglary, sex crimes, and much more. Matthew has also defended more than 400 DUI clients. His experience in the courtroom has helped him to become a very successful criminal trial attorney, having taken many cases to jury trial and obtaining verdicts of not guilty.

Mr. Spiegel spent 4 years working as a criminal attorney with San Diego’s largest criminal defense law firm. He has handled cases that have featured him on local news television broadcasts, including high profile cases that had great public interest. Mr. Spiegel has also been the featured speaker on local radio stations, including XX Sports Radio.

As a graduate of Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Matthew is a product of San Diego’s finest legal institution. He attended Thomas Jefferson on a scholarship and immediately excelled in classes related to criminal law.

Call today to speak with Mr. Spiegel. His dedication to service will provide you with the attention that you deserve and his knowledge and expertise will provide you with the defense that you deserve.

Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
    DUI & DWI
    Nursing Home Abuse
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • Small Claims
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Spiegel Law Group
Founder and lead attorney.
Univ of Arizona
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Top Young Attorney
San Diego Daily Transcript
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 238030
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Spiegel Law Group
Legal Answers
19 Questions Answered
Q. Am I going to get a probation violation for getting a drinking in public ticket?
A: It is unlikely that you are going to see this come up as a probation violation. However, there is a chance that it will rear its ugly head so you need to be on alert for any notification from the court asking you to appear on a violation.

Spiegel Law Group

109 W. C St.

San Diego, CA 92101

Q. Do I have rights of being under the influence of a controlled substance in my own home
A: No. Being under the influence is not dependent on your location. Obviously, police officers would need a reason to come into your house to determine that you were in fact under the influence though.
Q. Held two years too long on parole what to do
A: Please provide some more information here. Held two years too long where? What was the charge? How much time was served?
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Spiegel Law Group
109 W. C St.
Suite C
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone: (619) 338-0022
Telephone: (619) 338-0022
Fax: (800) 718-1825