Free Consultation: (215) 437-0264Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew J Hartnett

Matthew J Hartnett

Solow, Isbell & Palladino, LLC
  • Immigration Law
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I represent clients before the Immigration Court (EOIR), USCIS, and other sub-agencies of the Department of Homeland Security such as Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs & Border Protection (CBP). I am licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I have over 8 years of experience within the immigration law field in matters such as, but not limited to: family-based permanent residency, employment-based permanent residency (PERM, I-140, EB1), deportation defense (cancellation of removal, asylum, adjustment of status, litigation), VAWA, nonimmigrant work visas (H-1B), naturalization, U visas, P visas and other speciality nonimmigrant visas. Feel free to call me or email me if you have any questions about my qualifications or if I can be of assistance to you.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Solow, Isbell & Palladino, LLC
- Current
Rutgers School of Law-Camden
J.D. (2013) | Law
Universidad de Salamanca
M.A. (2008) | Latin American Studies
Villanova University
B.A. (2004) | Spanish Language & Literature
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar # 317880
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Legal Answers
225 Questions Answered

Q. What can I do for a visa denied, when officer said that I was illegal in us, but I never be in the us?
A: I would consider brining the FOIA CD results to an attorney for a consultation to review this matter.
Q. I'm applying for the I-601a hardship waiver. USCIS did not send my approved I-130 to the NVC so I have to submit form
A: The filing fee is $465 for the I-824. You need to file the I-824 to get your I-130 to the National Visa Center if you didn't receive invoices from the NVC. Without the invoices from the NVC, you can't file the 601A waiver. Also, consider working with an attorney because 601a waivers can be hard to navigate.
Q. My husband got detained on the 16 th went to court the juge said his going to review the case then make a decision
A: If your husband is detained and in front of a Judge, consider hiring an attorney to represent him.
Q. I am a DACA recipent and I am going to be marrying a US Citizen.
A: You won't have to exit for months. If you entered without inspection as a 9 year old, you can file an I-601A waiver after your I-130 is approved. After that, if the I-601A is approved and the consular appointment is scheduled, you would spend 2-3 weeks in your home country. Contact an attorney to discuss in further detail to evaluate whether you are a good candidate for the the I-130/601a process.
Q. A couple enters US on legal Visa. During visit, their son and Nephew are murdered by a local gang. Asylum?
A: Possibly. They should contact non-profit organizations such as Nationalities Service Center or HIAS for assistance preparing an asylum application. Also, some private lawyers take pro bono cases depending on the facts or circumstances.
Q. I got my green card on june 6/6/16. I applied with the form 175 and got a response that my green card was extended
A: I-751s take a long time for USCIS to adjudicate. As long as you filed your I-751, that acts as an extension as you have stated. You will get the 10 year card when you I-751 is approved.
Q. Does ICE need a warrant to enter my business premises?
Q. How can i find out why my candian husband was denied entry to enter the U.S. i am a U.S citizen
A: You can file a CBP FOIA request (Customs and Border Protection) (Freedom of Information Act) to figure out what happened if your husband doesn't have the paperwork. If he does have the paperwork from when he was denied entry at the border, that may not be necessary. Either way you should consult with an attorney.
Q. Im a us citizen, received a job offer from China. Can I live in China while petitioning for my father?
A: Yes, you can. Although depending on your income, you may need a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1601 Walnut Street
Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Telephone: (215) 437-0264