Matt Perushek has practiced personal injury law his entire career. He exclusively represents plaintiffs, those who were injured because of the negligence of others. He has represented clients in wrongful death, medical malpractice, brain injury, products liability, and serious automobile collision cases. Matt has tried cases in courts throughout Virginia, including Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, Loudoun, Henrico, and Fredericksburg. Matt also has experience representing clients in federal court cases, including cases filed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Matt has authored briefs filed with the Supreme Court of Virginia, and he has argued before the Court on a number of occasions. Additionally, Matt is a member of the Amicus Curiae Committee of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. The committee serves as the voice for injured people when the Court is faced with a legal issue that may impact their rights and well-being.
Since joining the firm, Matt has been involved in numerous successful trials and settlements. He has been recognized as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers since 2015 and as a Top 40 Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers Association. He is on the Board of Directors of the Fairfax Bar Association, is on the Board of Governors of the Virginia State Bar's Young Lawyers Conference, and and is active in the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Matt is originally from Northern Minnesota. While he lived in Minnesota, he was a member of the U.S. Junior National Curling Team, winning a World Junior Championship and competing at the U.S. Olympic Trials for the 2010 Olympics. Matt moved to Virginia to attend law school. Before joining the firm, he clerked for the Honorable Michael F. Devine of the Fairfax County Circuit Court.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Sickels, Frei & Mims, PC
- - Current
- Law Clerk
- The Chambers of the Honorable Michael F. Devine
- George Mason University School of Law
- J.D. (2012)
- Hamline University
- B.A. (2009)
- Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Board Member
- - Current
- Activities: Young Lawyers Section
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Virginia State Bar
- - Current
- Matthew C. Perushek's Website Profile
- Sickels, Frei & Mims, PC Website
- Virginia Injury Lawyer Blog
- What happens if your jury verdict is appealed? A step-by-step look at the civil appeals process under Virginia law.
30 September 2019
- VA Supreme Court Affirms Trial Win in Botched Cosmetic Surgery Case
30 August 2019
- Sickels, Frei & Mims Attorneys Named 2020 Best Lawyers
15 August 2019
- Medical errors shouldn’t be hidden: What we can learn from Neil Armstrong’s $6 Million Wrongful Death Case
26 July 2019
- Tips for Young Lawyers
3 June 2019
- The “Standard of Care” isn’t Standard in Medical Malpractice. Why “Standard of Care” is so critical to your case.
14 May 2019
- Super Lawyers Again Recognizes Firm Attorneys
24 April 2019
- Challenges in medical malpractice: juries give doctors the “benefit of the doubt”
23 March 2019
- Before surgery, ask: Is my doctor qualified to perform this operation?
1 November 2018