Free Consultation: (435) 265-4865Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt SchmoldtPay Nothing... Until We Win | Over One Hundred 5-Star Reviews
- Personal Injury, Products Liability, Medical Malpractice ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
With over 150 five-star reviews, feel confident contacting me. I won't let you pay any fees... until we win. I also take less of your settlement than other lawyers. Let me help you. Call now.
-Car Accident Lawyer
-Bicycle Accident Lawyer
-Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
-Slip and Fall Lawyer
-Dog Bite Lawyer
-Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
-Semi-truck Accident Lawyer
-Product Liability Lawyer
-Medical Malpractice Lawyer
-Wrongful Death Lawyer
-Brain Injury Lawyer
-Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you've been injured in an accident, contact me now.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Workers' Compensation
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Insurance Claims
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Free Consultation
Pay Nothing... Until We Win | Over One Hundred 5-Star Reviews | Free Case Review
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar
- ID Number: 16562
- English: Spoken, Written
- Creekside Injury Law
- Brigham Young University
- J.D. (2017)
- My Utah bar score was approximately in the top 3% of all test takers.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Utah State University
- B.A. (2013) | Marketing & Business Administration
- Honors: Cum laude
- Cum Laude
- Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School
- Utah State Bar  # 16562
- Utah Association for Justice
Articles & Publications
- Bar Presentation
- Utah Licensed Lawyer (Active Member in Good Standing)
- Utah State Bar
3 Questions Answered
- Q. I was in a car accident that was caused by the other driver. I was injured.
- A: Steve McCann provided an excellent answer. I believe that you should call an injury lawyer in your area. Most injury lawyers will provide a free consultation. Look for an injury lawyer that will not charge you anything up-front. One thing to keep in mind is that police reports are not perfect. I have had success working with police departments to get corrections to accident reports. Do you know if there were any witnesses to the accident? A non-biased witness would help tremendously as long as they corroborate your story.
- Q. I was in a car accident and was given a ticket of which the officer later dropped at traffic court. Can I now sue.
- A: You should call a local injury lawyer and discuss your case with them. Even if the ticket was dropped, you may still be at fault for the accident in a civil case. The criminal court and the civil court are two different worlds. Your case involves a very fact specific inquiry. It is possible that you are not at fault. However, it is impossible to tell from the information you provided.
- Q. I want to know if I can sue my cell phone company for all the ads I get on my phone I did not sign up to get ads
- A: There is federal law called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), which protects individuals from unsolicited telephone calls and texts. It allows an individual to recover $500 to $1500 per call or text made in violation of the statute. The statute is a little complicated and I recommend that you find a consumer protection lawyer. They often offer free consultations and some will not ask for any money up-front. It is unlikely that you have a claim against your cell phone company, but, you may have claims against the companies that are calling or texting you. The difficult part is tracking down the companies that are bothering you.
Contact & Map