Matt HorakBoard Certified Specialist. We Love Our Work. See our Reviews, Ratings, Results.
- Criminal Law, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
Take a look at our reviews. Take a look at our results. If you're in hot water, don't you want a Board Certified Specialist?
Call Horak Law if you need a fighter. If the prosecutor doesn't think your lawyer will fight, you're wasting your money.
As soon as you've been arrested, your charge is public record. Anyone can find it; even if you haven't been convicted. You're going to be digging yourself out of a difficult and terrible hole right from the beginning.
There is absolutely no one on your side in the criminal justice system EXCEPT your lawyer.
The cops, the prosecutors, district attorneys, judges, probation officers, you name it, they DON'T CARE about your family, your job, or your future.
For 17 years, Matt has dealt with every type of prosecutor and judge that you can imagine, he knows how to protect you. Over and over again, he has found a ways to help people, to expose the truth, and to make things right.
We win at trial and we get case after case dismissed because we put in the effort.
If you have recently been accused of a crime in the Houston area or know someone else who has and would like to schedule a free consultation with Houston criminal defense attorney Matt Horak, call (713) 225-8000. He will represent you and get you moving past these charges as quickly as possible. It's Matt's mission to get Houstonians accused of crimes a fair fight, and he will be your legal advocate in a system designed for profiting police. Contact us today to begin building your case with the help of Horak Law.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Drug Crimes
- Record Sealing
- Violent Crimes
Call for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
- 5th Circuit
- Criminal Lawyer
- Houston Criminal Defense
- - Current
- Practicing criminal defense lawyer in Houston and surrounding counties. We only handle criminal cases.Please contact us if you have been contacted by the police for any reason. We handle federal, felony, misdemeanor, DWI, drugs, weapons, guns, assault, fraud, theft, and any other types of charges. We put our clients first with exceptional client response and access to our attorney Matt Horak.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Harris County District Attorney's Office
- Investigated, evaluated, and tried all types of cases from Class C misdemeanors to first degree felonies.
- University Of Houston
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
- B.A. | European History
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- N.W. Harris County Bar Association
- - Current
- Texas State Bar  # 24035148
- - Current
- Texas County and District Attorney Association
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Finding the Right Criminal Defense Lawyer in Houston
Open Carry LawWhat are the penalties for marijuana possession in Texas? | Houston Criminal & DWI Defense
Marijuana Possession PenaltiesHouston Sex Crimes Defense | Issues Facing Registered Sex Offenders
A sex crime defense attorney in Houston describes the potentially life-altering consequences of sex offender registration. Attorney Matt Horak discusses some of the options available to your defense.Houston Violation of Probation | Violation of Community Supervision Terms in Texas
Houston Violation of Probation Attorney explains defenses in VOP cases. Visit Matt Horak's video to learn more from an experienced criminal defense attorney.