Free Consultation: (435) 238-7734Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt A Munson

Matt A Munson

  • Criminal Law, Bankruptcy, DUI & DWI ...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

At M.A. Munson Law, P.C., you can expect zealous and effective advocacy on your behalf. Whether you need legal representation in the areas of Criminal Defense, Bankruptcy, Corporate Law, or Estate Planning, our mission is to provide each client with exceptional legal representation at an exceptional value. We hold sacred the trust that our clients place in us, and when you visit or call our office, we want you to feel comfortable discussing your legal concerns and questions with us. Contact us today to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Elder Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free Initial Consultation (30 minutes).
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingency fees accepted on Personal Injury matters only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Clerk
Utah Attorney General's Office
Utah State Senate
University of Utah
J.D. (2009)
University of Utah Logo
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 12602
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
M.A. Munson Law
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. Should I just pay the ticket or also do the traffic school or contest in court?
A: It will likely be difficult to defend this, given your admission, unless you can establish that the officer's radar is/was faulty. In my opinion, a PIA is your best option, as it at least gives you a chance of keeping this from going on your record. If you pay the fine, it goes on your record, and if you contest the matter and are found guilty, it will go on your record as well. Hence, I would ask the prosecutor if he will allow you to enter plea of No Contest to Speeding (89MPH in 80MPH zone). That will save you a little money and will allow both of you to resolve the matter without going to trial.
Q. I have a traffic violation for speeding 82 in a 60 mph area. I'm below the age of 21.
A: It is not likely that the prosecutor will dismiss this case outright. However, if you have a clean driving record, that will likely help your cause. My recommendation would be to approach the prosecutor and see if they would be amenable to allowing you to plead No Contest to Speeding (79mph in 60mph zone). There is a difference in the fine amount you will be required to pay, and many insurance companies will drastically increase your insurance premiums if you are cited for 20+ MPH over the speed limit. Good luck--hope this is helpful.
Q. Would it be legal for my girlfriend to live with me once we are 18 if I can provide for her?
A: If you are both consenting adults (18+), you may co-habitate, so long as there is not an Order from a Court preventing you from doing so (i.e. Protective Order, etc.)
View More Answers
Contact & Map
M.A. Munson Law
970 S. Sage Dr.
Suite 109
Cedar City, UT 84720
Toll-Free: (435) 238-7734
Telephone: (435) 238-7734
Fax: (866) 235-9672