Free Consultation: (808) 600-4749Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mateo CaballeroCivil rights and employment attorney
- Civil Rights, Employment Law, Appeals & Appellate
- District of Columbia, Hawaii, New York
Claimed Lawyer Profile
My passion, legal skill, and commitment to justice stem from years of work in both the private and non-profit sectors. My primary practice is civil rights and liberties both against the government and employers. If you have been discriminated against, harassed at work, or your liberties have been violated, I want to hear from you. At my firm, we believe in making justice work for our clients through efficient, personalized, and outstanding legal services.
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
To book a free consultation, please visit: https://www.caballero.law/contact-us
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- ID Number: 993568
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- ID Number: 10081
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 4585030
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- University of Hawaii at Manoa at the William S. Richardson School of Law
- - Current
- Taught short courses on various civil rights topics.
- Legal Director
- ACLU of Hawaii
- Managed ACLU of Hawaii's impact litigation docket on a wide range of civil rights and liberties issues, including free speech, disability rights, privacy and technology, due process, and equal protection. At the ACLU, I defended and advanced the civil rights and liberties of everyone in Hawai?i, but particularly of those most marginalized by the legal system and society.
- Senior Litigation Counsel
- Starn O'Toole Marcus & Fisher
- Represents corporate, government, and individual clients in advisory, regulatory, and complex litigation matters in all phases of litigation and administrative actions. Substantial experience in cases involving fraud claims, constitutional claims, administrative law, real estate transactions, internal investigations, contract disputes, and anti-trust claims.
- Attorney volunteer
- Bread for the City
- Represent and advise tenants in cases before the Landlord / Tenant Branch of the D.C. Superior Court, in suits against landlords to correct housing code violations, and to obtain housing benefits from the District of Columbia Housing Authority.
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Counsel Fortune 500 companies on audits by the Internal Revenue Service, corporate restructurings, refund claims, and tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and conduct internal investigations of large publicly traded companies concerning securities fraud, environmental hazards, and misuse of corporate resources.
- Law Clerk
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court E.D.N.Y.
- Draft legal memoranda and decisions on corporate and individual bankruptcy matters, including plan confirmations, approval of disclosure statements, lift stay motions, approval of settlements and reaffirmations, sales of assets, and fraudulent and preferential transfers.
- Harvard Law School
- J.D. (2007)
- Honors: Cum laude
- Washington & Lee University
- B.S. (2004) | Mathematics and Philosophy
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Hawaii State Bar Association  # 10081
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map