Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Appeals & Appellate
- Municipal Law
- Consumer Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
- Will, Estate & Trust Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Tort Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Litigation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Illinois
- Certified Arbitrator for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, DuPage County, IL
- Federal Trial Bar
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- English: Spoken, Written
- Schmidt & Barbrow, PC
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- J.D. (1980) | Law
- University of the Pacific
- B.A. (1976) | Communications Arts & Sciences
- Received B.A. in Communications Arts & Sciences, in June 1976; third year of university spent at University of Durham, Durham, England.
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chair - Media Relations Committee 2002-2003 and Host of DuPage Legal Action Vice Chair - Media Relations Committee 2005-2006
- State Bar of Illinois  # 3128187
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- APPEALS written
- Environmental Law in Illinois
- Contributing Author - Sponsored by the Canterbury Group, Rockville, Il. First Presented at Canterbury Group Seminar, Chicago, IL 1990
- Environmental Liability Insurance in Real Estate Settings
- Delivered to the Real Property Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, Chicago, IL 1989
- Environmental Liability Insurance
- presented as part of IICLE/ATGFs Environmental Aspects of Real Estate Ownership and Transfer, Chicago, IL - September, 1989; and Champaign, IL - October, 1989.
- Subpoenas Requesting Insurance Company Records: What Must Be Produced?
- presented to the Claims Department, Casualty Insurance, Chicago, IL - Summer, 1988.
- Demonstrative Evidence: Its Creation and Management
- delivered to the Claims Department, The Travelers Insurance Companies, Naperville, IL - Spring, 1987.
- Food Poisoning and Adulterated Products - Who Is Liable? Who May Recover?
- delivered to the Claims Department, The Travelers Insurance Companies, Naperville, IL, and to the Claims Department, Fireman's Fund Insurance Companies, Chicago, IL - Summer, 1987.
- Business Operator's Liability for the Criminal Acts of Third Parties
- presented to Safety and Security Representatives from The National Restaurant Association, Oak Brook, IL - Winter, 1986.
Websites & Blogs
- Schmidt & Barbrow, P.C. - Attorneys at Law
Contact & Map