Free Consultation: (216) 331-0007Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Martin Turner

Mark Martin Turner

Principal, Law offices of Mark M Turner
  • Estate Planning, Business Law, Probate
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I began practicing law in 2002. I spent over 13 years with the Cleveland firm of Gallagher Sharp, primarily as a litigator, before venturing on my own and then landing at The Gertsburg Law Firm in 2017 before choosing to restart my own practice in 2020. Before becoming an attorney, I worked as a financial manager for a small business after earning his MBA. My experience allows me to understands the challenges facing small business owners, allowing me to advise, as well as provide valuable legal information. With over 20 years’ experience in the business and legal worlds, I strive to find timely cost-effective solutions rather than spending valuable resources to win at all costs. In the past, I have represented a diverse array of clients from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and individuals. My practice includes litigation, business advising, non-profit consulting, and probate. My business background and legal training offers a unique set of skills to help protect and grow businesses, ensure contract proposals are properly drafted and current contracts are fair, mitigate risks and analyze the cost/benefit of new endeavors. Beyond the practice of law, I am the proud father of two active children. I remain active in several non-profit organizations including being a board member of Open Doors Academy and legal advisor for Third World Books. Having played hockey my entire life, I currently coach youth hockey in Cleveland Heights and still takes to the ice competitively myself.

Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Additional Practice Areas
  • Non-Profit Law and Consulting
  • Non-Profit Law
  • General Civil Litigation
  • Free Consultation
    A 30 min free in office consultation is available to prospective clients
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Mark M Turner, LLC
- Current
The Gertsburg Law Firm Co, LPA
Law Office of Mark M Turner, LLC
Gallagher Sharp
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law Logo
Canisius College
MBA (1993) | MBA with focus in Health Care Management and Finance
Placeholder image for education.
Case Western Reserve University
B.A. (1990) | History and English
Case Western Reserve University Logo
Risining Star
Ohio SuperLawyers
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar  # 0075516
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
13 Essential Employment Contract Provisions
Greater Cleveland Partnership COSE
Who Must Worry about the CSPA?
Gertsburg Law Firm
Responding to Third Party Subpoeans
Play It Safe
Websites & Blogs
Law Firm of Mark M Turner, LLC
Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered
Q. My mom passed in 2018. Can I get the money left in the bank
A: Yes, if you open up her Probate estate, assuming it is still in the bank. If it has es-cheated to the State, you may need to get it from the unclaimed funds. In either case, you will need to open her Probate estate and the funds will go to her heirs, either by will or, if there is no will, by statute to her next of kin. In this case, if she passed unmarried, to her children in equal shares.
Q. A business is charging me for services I never asked for or scheduled with them. What can I do?
A: A few things here. First, was the original service (which I assume you requested) warranted to pass the inspection, or should they have known that was what you needed, if you answer yes to either then the company breached its warranty to you in the initial service. The second service should not be paid for unless there is specific language in the original contract saying they can otherwise they should have waited for you to request the services. In any case, you should contact a local attorney to assist you with this.
Q. If a business is sued, could I lose my house?
A: The answer is it depends. If you are operating your self publishing business without the protection of an LLC or other entity, then yes you could be found personally liable and have your personal assets, such as your home. Even if you have your business in a corporation or LLC, there are some claims that can find personal liability against the owner, such as certain consumer claims or wage and hour claims. However, having your business in an LLC or other entity is the best way to insulate your personal property. Contact an attorney to assist you if you need to.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Mark M Turner
3091 Mayfield Rd
Suite 320
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Telephone: (216) 331-0007
Cell: (216) 310-3495
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: I am willing to speak or meet with clients outside of office hours by appointment.