Free Consultation: (615) 606-3903Tap to Call This Lawyer
Marjorie A Bristol

Marjorie A Bristol

  • Juvenile Law, Education Law, Family Law...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Marjorie began her legal career representing individuals sentenced to death in challenging their death sentences at the Office of the Post-Conviction Defender. Later, she spent almost four years working for the Tennessee Justice Center fighting for the rights of children and adults against Tennessee's Medicaid program.

Marjorie then spent time in private practice primarily representing children and families in juvenile court cases. Then she went to work for the Tennessee Department of Children's Services for more than 6 years where she served as the primary juvenile justice and education attorney, handled employment matters for the 4000 person agency, and advised the agency regarding its obligation to preserve families.

Practice Areas
  • Juvenile Law
  • Education Law
  • Family Law
  • Environmental Law
  • Civil Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees on some (but not all) civil rights cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I usually don't charge for travel.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • French
  • German
University of Tennessee - Knoxville
J.D. (1999) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's Citation
Activities: Law Review, Moot Court Board, Pro Bono Project
University of Tennessee - Knoxville Logo
Maryville College
B.A. (1990) | English
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of Marjorie A. Bristol
Legal Answers
428 Questions Answered

Q. i am 16 years old. i was adopted a couple of years ago and i was wondering if i could legally move out w/o consent
A: No, you cannot move out without parental consent until you are 18.
Q. Mother is refusing to bring child to father and stepmothers house on his visitation days bc he is with the military.
A: You need to consult an attorney. The law provides that a service member's family can still have access to the child during deployment.
Q. Is it a crime for a parent to buy a vape and oil containing nicotine for their child?
A: Yes, it is a crime. Yes, your husband should consult an attorney about seeking custody of the child based on this.
Q. My five year old son was injured while unsupervised at a friend's house. Do they have to pay his medical bills?
A: Possibly. You should should consult an attorney.
Q. My brother committed suicide in August 2017 after his wife demanded a divorce. She knew of his past suicide attempts.
A: What is your question? If your question is do you have a cause of action against her, then the answer is no. She has the right to choose to divorce someone. I am so sorry about your brother. A love one's suicide is so hard. Mental illness was the cause of your brother's suicide, not your sister-in-law's request for a divorce.
Q. My wife and I are getting divorced and she has her own lawyer.. Do i need to hire a lawyer or nor
A: I always advise people to have an attorney review the paperwork to make sure that it says what they think it says.
Q. Is the executor within rights?
A: It sounds like you need to consult a probate attorney to look at all of the facts and assess your ability to seek removal of the executor.
Q. Should i hire an lawyer on uncontested divorce if i agreed on with wifes lawyer papers.
A: What the other lawyer is saying isn't uncommon. I still recommend that you consult an attorney to review the documents.
Q. divorce court is this Monday and I have no lawyer, what do I do?
A: What is the case set for? Trial? Hearing on a motion? Without knowing more, it is impossible to answer. I highly recommend that you consult an attorney and ask the court for more time to hire a lawyer.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Marjorie A. Bristol
919 Conference Dr.
Suite 4-324
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Telephone: (615) 606-3903