- Criminal Law
- Iowa, Nebraska
With vast experience as both a defense attorney and prosecutor, Marcus Sladek is as well-rounded in the art of criminal defense as one will find in the greater Omaha area. Marcus gives great care, attention and a personal touch to every client he represents, whether charged with a crime or injured in an accident.
After nearly 12 years’ experience in both defense practice and the Omaha City Prosecutor’s office, Marcus calls the Douglas County Courthouse his second home. Demonstrating a deliberate, soft approach with prosecutors and judges, Marcus also provides expertise in evidentiary rules and vigorous litigation skills in the courtroom. His experience on both sides of the criminal law realm has served his clients well, successfully defending clients charged with crimes that carry the possibility of a life sentence, along with lesser charges like driving under the influence, and drug and firearm charges.
A skilled negotiator with a knack for valuing a claim, Marcus is able to help clients injured in an accident reach settlements with insurance companies and tortfeasors alike. His experience in personal injury litigation helps navigate clients through an otherwise stressful and confusing situation, while bringing those clients a sense of resolution, closure and satisfaction.
A graduate of Omaha Westside, Dana College, and Creighton University School of Law, Marcus has called the Omaha area home his entire life. He has served as President of the Omaha Barristers Club, in addition to serving the City of Omaha as a member of the City Employee Advisory Board for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Supreme Court of Iowa
- ID Number: AT0011365
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- ID Number: 25053
- Dornan Law Team
- Assistant City Prosecutor
- Omaha City Prosecutor
- Douglas County Public Defender
- Creighton University School of Law
- J.D. (2012) | Litigation
- Dana College
- B.A. (2009) | History
- Honors: Dean's List (2007-2009) Graduation Award Recipient for Outstanding Leadership (2009) History Club President (2008-2009)
- Activities: Varsity Football and Letter Winner (2005-2009) Team Captain (2007-2008)
- Nebraska State Bar Association  # 25053
- Chandler Conway PC, LLO