Free Consultation: (480) 345-3300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Marcus N. Seiter

Marcus N. Seiter

Estate Planning - Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Peace of Mind!
  • Estate Planning
  • Arizona
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My focus is in estate planning and helping people make sound decisions. Give me a call at 480-345-3300! More about me... I am passionate about helping people formulate plans to reach their goals. Since 1999, I have been involved in that process with hundreds of clients as a professional in the financial services industry. In 2011, I enrolled at Arizona Summit Law School. It wasn’t always easy balancing family and school while maintaining a growing financial services company. But with the help of my wife and others, along with some divine intervention, I graduated with honors (summa cum laude) in 2014. The rest is history. Now I spend my time helping individuals and families create and maintain solid estate plans – truly an important work! On a more personal note: Before becoming an attorney, I grew up in Scottsdale, went to Horizon High School, and then joined the United States Marine Corps Reserves. Following my active duty training, I went on a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and later graduated from Arizona State University – go Sun Devils! Along the way I moved to Mesa where I met my sweetheart – Jennifer. We were married in 1999 and have since been blessed with 6 children (4 boys & 2 girls)! So when I’m not at work, I’m usually playing with my family, fixing up the house, or playing basketball. I look forward to meeting you! – Sincerely, Marcus Seiter

Practice Area
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney / Founding Member
Seiter Law, PLLC
- Current
Arizona Summit Law School
J.D. (2014) | Law
Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Order of the Quill
Placeholder image for education.
Arizona State University
Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies (2010) | Organizational Studies
Arizona State University Logo
Clients' Choice Award
Professional Associations
J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Probate Series (Part 2): 3 Ways to Avoid It
Probate Series (Part 1): What is Probate?
Speaking Engagements
Making Sense of Wills, Trusts, Probate and Incapacity, New Frontiers Lifelong Learning, Mesa Community College - Dobson Campus
New Frontiers
Certified Financial Planner
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. When does a POA expire? At death?
A: In addition to the other attorney's response, although by law the power of attorney doesn't necessarily expire, banks and financial institutions are notorious for not honoring powers of attorney that are more than a few years old. In other words, its a good idea to have them "refreshed" every once in a while.
Q. Is a will or trust preferable to set up when you have assets in excess of $100,000?
A: This all depends on many factors such as your family makeup/dynamics, the types of assets you have, your health, expected longevity, and who you want to inherit those assets. A will-based plan can be adequate for some people with even a few hundred thousand in assets depending on circumstances, while a person with even less may find a trust-based plan to be more suitable. I suggest that you speak to some Estate Planning attorneys in your area about these questions. Many offer complementary consultations. Good luck.
Q. Does it cost money to make an estate plan?
A: Usually. Even people who take self-help routes will incur fees for form documents or software programs. This is a very important part of life planning for most people. Lots of money and heartache can actually be saved by doing it right. If you want advice to do it right, you will need to work with a competent estate planning attorney. And yes, that will require the payment of some fees. But it could save you lots of money and heartache in the long run.
Q. Can my spouse and I jointly title our property instead of doing an estate plan?
A: Besides what my colleague has already said... Estate planning is not just about what happens at the death of one spouse, but also about what happens when the second spouse dies and what happens if either of you become incapacitated. Titling assets jointly covers you for the death of one spouse, but more would need to be done to ensure proper management of your affairs in the case of incapacity and the death of the surviving spouse. I recommend contacting an attorney directly to go over your options.
Q. Is an out-of-state will valid in Arizona?
A: If the will was validly created in another state, it will be valid here in Arizona. However, moving to a new state can bring up differences of administration and other things - so it might be worth contacting an Arizona estate planning attorney to review your will and ancillary documents.
Q. My wife and I live inn Arizona. We both have IRAs . if either one dies does their ira become part of the total estate
A: If you both name each other as the sole primary beneficiary of your IRAs, then when the first of you dies, that deceased-spouse's IRA will NOT be part of the probate estate, but will pass by operation of law to the designated beneficiary (in this case, the surviving spouse). If that is not your intent, then you may want to revisit and revise your beneficiary designations. I recommend you talk this through with a competent estate planning attorney so that your wishes will be properly carried out.
Q. dad died 5 ys ago, my sister didnt want the house. how long does she have to come back and want it. I needto refience it
A: The answer to this question may be more complex than you were anticipating. I suggest that you contact a probate attorney near you to talk about your options. Among other things, the attorney will want to know if your father had a will that covered this house, how the house was titled, the value of the house (minus liens and encumbrances) at the time of his death, who survived your father, etc. Please do not delay in speaking with an attorney directly about this.
Q. I received a check via private court 3 years ago. Attorney called today asking me to sign a release form, 3 years later?
A: It is hard to tell exactly what is going on without more information. I recommend you contact a local probate attorney for more guidance.
Q. How do I find out if my father had a will? My adopted brother says that he is going through probate to get my father's $
A: If your father made his will in Arizona prior to 1984, then itmight be deposited with the probate registrar in the county where he made that will. For most people however, the best way to find a deceased person's will is to look through the deceased's house, safe deposit box, and storage. If you cannot find a will, the next best way to search for one is to have an estate/probate attorney post a query on the State Bar of Arizona Probate and Trust Law Section listserv. if your father made a will in another state, you may want to contact an estate/probate attorney in that other state to help you. This next part does not answer your specific question, but it may help your situation. If there is no will and your adopted brother opens probate, you may still be entitled to your share as one of the deceased's offspring. I recommend you contact a probate attorney to help you protect your interest in your father's estate.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
960 W Elliot Rd Suite 114
Tempe, AZ 85284
Telephone: (480) 345-3300