Marcus A. Heminger concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business law and securities law. He has extensive experience in corporate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, private and registered public securities offerings, SEC reporting compliance, and NYSE and NASDAQ regulatory compliance.
Prior to returning to Fort Wayne and joining Barrett McNagny, Marcus spent more than five years working at one of New York's largest law firms, where he gained valuable experience with the firm's Capital Markets Group. His corporate governance and securities law experience also includes drafting and reviewing SEC disclosure documents, including Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports, Current Reports, Proxy Statements, Stock Ownership Disclosures, offering documents and other required filings, and responding to SEC comment letters, exchange and self-regulatory organization inquiries, and Department of Justice investigations.
His securities work includes the following offerings:
- Initial Public Offerings - $500 million and $295 million;
- Common Stock Offerings - $190 and $130 million;
- Guaranteed Notes - $500 million;
- Tender Offers and Exchange Offers of $1,2 billion, $400 million; and
- At-The-Market Equity Offering Programs - $300 million, $170 million.
The corporate transactions he has assisted with include:
- Stock and Asset Acquisitions - $1.625 billion, $400 million, $115 million; and
- Stock and Asset Dispositions- $45 million, $30 million, $10 million and $2.5 million.