Free Consultation: (718) 286-9132Tap to Call This Lawyer
Leonard R. Boyer

Leonard R. Boyer

Aggressive Effective Passionate Representation
  • Foreclosure Defense, Bankruptcy, Divorce...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Although my firm practices in several different fields of law, my expertise is primarily in Mortgage Foreclosure Defense,Divorce & Family Law, Bankruptcy, and Mortgage loan modification. In terms of divorce law, I have a unique prospective from both my personal and professional experience that few other attorneys can match. To me, each case is personal, each client is a person, never just a file number.

Practice Areas
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Bankruptcy
  • Divorce
  • Real Estate Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Business Law
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Estate,Trust and Asset Protection
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 min consultation on all non-immigration matters. If an extensive meeting is required, any consultation fee would be deducted from the retainer, when you retain. The consultation fee for Immigration matters is $100.00. If you retain my firm to represent you, the consultation fee will be deducted.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly rates range from $300 to $450 per hour. Contingent Fees on PI and Worker's Compensation only. Flat fees on some matters may be available. Monthly payment plans may be available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
New Jersey State Bar Association
New York Law School
J.D. (1982) | Law
Completed 3 year program in 2.5 years.
State University of New York - Buffalo
B.A. (1978) | Political Science & Psychology
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar # 010241984
Websites & Blogs
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
Legal Answers
1978 Questions Answered

Q. sold l land in Atlantic City, NJ.I held a mortgage for $10k Buyer Stopped paying.What is the cost to foreclose
A: There is not standard cost for a foreclosure. Each case and the time that is consumed varies. What also matters is the value of the underlying property. Do not let geographic restrictions get in the way of retaining the best attorney. Pick the best attorney you can find and remember one rule: a good attorney is generally never cheap, and a cheap attorney is generally never good so don't choose based on price.
Q. just married, husband is British, we're applying for green card.
A: You really need to retain an experienced immigration attorney and have an in person consultation and document review. Otherwise, this will not end well.
Q. MY husband, had a child before I met him when she was 5 the mother took her back to her country, while still getting
A: An Appellate Court proceeding is not a new trial. What your husband needs to do is to retain an experienced matrimonial attorney to make a motion in NJ based on the current realities. But child support and visitation have nothing to do with each other. Appeals statistically fail the vast majority of the time and are very expensive. From what you stated, your husband was not represented by counsel, which is a very big mistake.
Q. I live in New Jersey and own a home. I would like to know if I file bankruptcy if I would lose my house?
A: No, you do not have to lose your home. In fact by filing a Complex Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and seeking a mortgage loan modification through the Bankruptcy Court's mortgage modification. You need to retain an experienced mortgage foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney, who has a proven track record of success. You need to retain the best attorney you can afford.
Q. My son is 11 have a green card but been living out of the USA going to school now he's not doing good an I want him here
A: There is an insufficient factual basis to answer your question and address your concerns. Your situation is best handled by an in person consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Do not let geographic factors get in the way of retaining the best possible attorney.
Q. Can I as a non-us citizen, bring a victorinox multitool with a knife into NYC?
A: NO that is not legal at all, especially flying into an airport. I really do not know what you thinking.
Q. I need a divorce but have no income..pls help
A: All you will need to do is contact New Jersey Legal Services for an attorney to represent you.
Q. My service contract with portfolio services does not have a signature from car dealership and it states on back it needs
A: Without seeing the contact, no one here can tell you for certain. However, if you have already received some benefit from the contract, a minor defect is not going to invalidate the contract.
Q. Can a I-797C get denied by an immigration judge while in ICE custody
A: You have an immigration attorney representing you, therefore that attorney knows your case better than anyone here could and all your questions and concerns need to be addressed to that attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
3145 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Telephone: (718) 286-9132
Cell: (201) 675-5577
Fax: (201) 503-8150
Boyer Coffy, LLC---Main Office
1000 Clifton Ave
Suite 200
Clifton, NJ 07013
Telephone: (973) 798-6131
Cell: (201) 675-5577
Fax: (201) 503-8150
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
4400 U.S. Route 9 South
Suite 1000
Freehold, NJ 07728
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
197 State Route 18 South
Suite 3000
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Telephone: (973) 798-6131
Cell: (201) 675-5577
Fax: (201) 503-8150