Len WatkinsGenser & Watkins LLP
- Antitrust Law, Bankruptcy, Business Law ...
A resident of Oakland, Len spent much of his legal career with prestigious, top-ranked, San Francisco law firms. Mr. Watkins brings the same level of expertise, and standard of excellence, to his practice in the East Bay. Focusing on consumer bankruptcy and business law, Mr. Watkins’ depth of experience and training include:
A Masters of Business Administration, concentrating on finance, from the University of California, at Davis
A stock brokerage license (inactive) from the National Association of Securities Dealers
A California Real Estate Broker’s license
Norris & Norris (now Archer Norris), Walnut Creek, CA
Attorney with a general, bankruptcy, business and litigation firm specializing in representing and counseling small and mid-sized businesses and high net-worth individuals. Litigation of securities, trademark and trade secret issues, antitrust, trade practices, employment, financing, and real estate matters. Negotiation and litigation of complex financial transactions, contracts, joint venture and partnership agreements, employment and intellectual property agreements, and purchase and sale transactions.
Steefel, Levitt & Weiss, San Francisco
Attorney with a 70-lawyer San Francisco financial district bankruptcy firm specializing in representing real estate developers, lenders and professionals, and securities brokerages (i.e. Schwab, Prudential, etc.). Emphasis on: real estate; banking; securities; trademark infringement and intellectual property; anti-trust; class actions; complex business litigation; licensing; products liability; contract disputes, and; general commercial disputes.
LeBoeuf, Lamb, Leiby & MacRae, San Francisco, CA
Attorney with the San Francisco branch office of an international (New York-based) law firm with over 600 attorneys worldwide. Emphasis on: business litigation; banking; insurance coverage disputes, and; products liability. Experience in anti-trust, securities, corporate, and egulatory litigation.
Navigation officer on various freighters, container ships, and oil tankers. Responsible for electronic and celestial navigation, vessel safety, radar observations, communications, and ship’s business. Holder of various FCC and Coastguard licenses and permits (radio operation, radar, etc.).
Admitted - Federal Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Admitted - Federal District Court for the Northern District of California
Admitted/Member - California State Bar
License (inactive) - National Association of Securities Dealers - Series 7 Broker's License
California State Real Estate Broker's License
Member - National, California and Contra Costa Associations of Realtors
University Of California, Davis
Graduate School of Management
Degree: Master of Business Administration, 1999
Concentrations in Finance and Marketing
University Of San Francisco, School Of Law
San Francisco, California
Degree: Juris Doctor, cum laude
Honors: Law Review, Senior Staff Member
Three American Jurisprudence Awards
McAuliffe Honor Society
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, New York
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Emphasis on: electronic, mechanical and structural engineering; naval architecture; radar/radio technologies; and, graduate level math and sciences.
Real Estate Professional
Self Employed Residential and commercial lending and real estate professionals. Member, California Association of Realtors.
Merrill Lynch, Oakland, CA
Asset management and financial planning services to individuals, organizations and associations.
Co-founder and CEO of Internet start-up, which focused on the development of universal interface between web audience aggregators and wireless devices, and home networking/control web-enabled appliances. Managed all aspects of financing, business development, product development and, legal and business aspects of corporate structure. Controlled all activities relating to e-business, financing, marketing, and related processes. Explored and forged relationships with industry and capital markets.
Avid golfer, trap and target shooting. Experienced sailing instructor, charter captain, yacht racer, and glider pilot. Experience building and maintaining small computer networks. Course work, training and extensive reading in computers (hardware and software), electronics, radar, aerodynamics and aircraft design, and astronomy.
- Antitrust Law
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Communications & Internet Law
- Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Foreclosure Defense
- Intellectual Property
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Free Consultation
- 9th Circuit
- Genser & Watkins LLP
- University of California - Davis
- MBA | Finance
- Degree: Master of Business Administration, 1999 Concentrations in Finance and Marketing
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Degree: Juris Doctor, cum laude Honors: Law Review, Senior Staff Member Three American Jurisprudence Awards McAuliffe Honor Society
- United States Merchant Marine Academy
- B.S. | Nautical Science
- Honors: Degree: Bachelor of Science, Emphasis on: electronic, mechanical and structural engineering; naval architecture; radar/radio technologies; and, graduate level math and sciences
- Justice Ronald George Pro Bono Law Firm of 2007
- State Bar of California
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- - Current
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- - Current
- California Association of Realtors
- - Current
- - Current