Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Family Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Lawrence A. Weinreich, PC
- - Current
- Nassau County Bar Association
- - Current
- New York State Bar # 1982891
- - Current
142 Questions Answered
- Q. Do I as a god parent have rights over my god child welfare, over her mother husband who didn’t adopted her.
- A: A god parent is an honorary title and gives you no authority whatsoever.
- Q. Violations of Court order visitation, is will be the outcome if the violation is reported to the court
- A: The court can issue an order of protection that says the boyfriend has to stay-away during visitation and if he doesn't he can be arrested. The court can order only public place visitation or supervised visitation.
- Q. Can I reverse a guardianship if my own kids are not comfortable with the new child? They want him to go back to his mom.
- A: Unfortunately, you cannot force the mother to take the child back. It sounds like the child needs counseling and perhaps require you to file a Person in Need of Supervision petition or the equivalent where you live.
- Q. I’m being alienated from any knowledge of my mother’s will and trust by my family even though I am an heir.
- A: You can always get copies of any papers filed in court. You should also speak to an attorney about a will contest based upon what you are saying.
- Q. I had family court trial, I was without counsel..i lost custody of child. can I file while the court deliberats?
- A: If you already had the trial, the only thing you can do is file an appeal. If you only had a hearing and the case has not concluded, you need to get an attorney ASAP. If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one to you.
- Q. Divorce records in NYS
- A: They should not.
- Q. Can cps open a case of my boyfriend is 17 and I’m 14 but we have never had sexual contact
- A: CPS will probably just close the case as long as there isn't any abuse or sexual relations.
- Q. 16 year old wants to stay with father half time. Does child have a say? Mom has full/residential custody since 2008
- A: When it comes to a 16 year old, the courts give a lot of weight to what they want. 16 YO is like the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The father could refile if he can make new allegations and a change of circumstances.
- Q. Can a parent stop paying their child's court ordered (70%) college expenses, if child custody is cut off at age 21?
- A: The answer depends on whether or not you have a stipulation of settlement. If you do, that would control. It can say that support (including college) goes until age 22 or any other time. If you do not have a stipulation but only a court order, then all support stops AT age 21 as courts cannot order support beyond 21 without the consent of the parents.
Contact & Map