Free Consultation: (516) 336-8340Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Lawrence Allen Weinreich

Divorce and Family Law assistance from a dedicated attorney
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Lawrence A. Weinreich, PC
- Current
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Nassau County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 1982891
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
142 Questions Answered

Q. Do I as a god parent have rights over my god child welfare, over her mother husband who didn’t adopted her.
A: A god parent is an honorary title and gives you no authority whatsoever.
Q. Violations of Court order visitation, is will be the outcome if the violation is reported to the court
A: The court can issue an order of protection that says the boyfriend has to stay-away during visitation and if he doesn't he can be arrested. The court can order only public place visitation or supervised visitation.
Q. Can I reverse a guardianship if my own kids are not comfortable with the new child? They want him to go back to his mom.
A: Unfortunately, you cannot force the mother to take the child back. It sounds like the child needs counseling and perhaps require you to file a Person in Need of Supervision petition or the equivalent where you live.
Q. I’m being alienated from any knowledge of my mother’s will and trust by my family even though I am an heir.
A: You can always get copies of any papers filed in court. You should also speak to an attorney about a will contest based upon what you are saying.
Q. I had family court trial, I was without counsel..i lost custody of child. can I file while the court deliberats?
A: If you already had the trial, the only thing you can do is file an appeal. If you only had a hearing and the case has not concluded, you need to get an attorney ASAP. If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one to you.
Q. Divorce records in NYS
A: They should not.
Q. Can cps open a case of my boyfriend is 17 and I’m 14 but we have never had sexual contact
A: CPS will probably just close the case as long as there isn't any abuse or sexual relations.
Q. 16 year old wants to stay with father half time. Does child have a say? Mom has full/residential custody since 2008
A: When it comes to a 16 year old, the courts give a lot of weight to what they want. 16 YO is like the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The father could refile if he can make new allegations and a change of circumstances.
Q. Can a parent stop paying their child's court ordered (70%) college expenses, if child custody is cut off at age 21?
A: The answer depends on whether or not you have a stipulation of settlement. If you do, that would control. It can say that support (including college) goes until age 22 or any other time. If you do not have a stipulation but only a court order, then all support stops AT age 21 as courts cannot order support beyond 21 without the consent of the parents.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Lawrence A. Weinreich, PC
100 Quentin Roosevelt Boulevard
Suite 102
Garden City, NY 11530
Telephone: (516) 336-8340
Fax: (516) 683-9393