Lauren Ashley LeikamChapman Law Group
- Health Care Law, Gov & Administrative Law, DUI & DWI ...
Lauren Leikam is a professional license defense attorney and a former prosecutor for the Florida Department of Health. She has many years of experience prosecuting health professionals and knows all too well the impact a disciplinary action can have on a health professional’s career. Lauren now dedicates her career to the defense of health professionals. While her primary location is the Sarasota office, Lauren travels across the state of Florida helping health professionals protect their licenses.
In 2009, Lauren dove into her practice of administrative law when she became a Special Deputy Hearing Officer for the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. She administered approximately 40 unemployment hearings per week for a period of three years, which included topics such as qualification for benefits, discrimination, harassment, Family Medical Leave Act, workplace violence, fraud, recoupment, and child support.
After leaving the Department of Economic Opportunity in 2012, Lauren spent the next four years working for the Florida Department of Health’s Prosecution Services Unit. As a prosecutor in both the Department’s Nursing and Medical Sections, Lauren was responsible for prosecuting the licenses of medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pain management clinics, pharmacies, compounding pharmacies, electrologists, and nurses. In this position, Lauren regularly presented cases to probable cause panels and medical licensing boards and gained valuable experience prosecuting cases that involved over-prescribing, failure to meet the standard of care, impairment and drug diversion, wrong-site surgery, sexual misconduct, out of state discipline, and other statutory/rule violations.
- Health Care Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- DUI & DWI
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Chapman Law Group
- Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. (2011) | Health Care Law, Medicare Law, Medicaid Law, Healthcare law, Nurse Defense, Physician Defense, Pharmacy Law, License defense.
- Recognition for completing over 200+ hours of pro bono service
- Capital Crimes Division
- The Florida Bar  # 0088700
- Chapman Law Group