Free Consultation: (435) 628-8587Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lane Wood

Lane Wood

Bangerter, Frazier & Graff, PC
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Lane Wood provides aggressive and effective representation to individuals facing criminal charges. Lane handles all criminal case including domestic violence, DUI/DWI, assault, theft, drug charges, sexual offenses, and more. Lane has handled a wide variety of cases at all stages from intake through trial. Lane will fight to defend your freedom.

Lane also handles divorce and domestic litigation. Lane has handled hundreds of divorce and custody matters. Lane will aggressively fight for your rights in any divorce or custody action. His attention to detail is invaluable in ensuring that no details are missed.

Lane also works to help clients with family planning and asset protection through effective estate planning.

Lane joined Bangerter Frazier & Graff in July 2019. Prior to that time he worked for Wright Naegle in St. George Utah.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute telephone consultations
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Utah State Bar
ID Number: 15288
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Bangerter, Frazier & Graff, PC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Wright Naegle, PLLC
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude, in the top 15% of class
University of Nevada-Las Vegas Logo
Professional Associations
Southern Utah Bar Association
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah State Bar # 15288
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Understanding the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, SUBA All Day CLE, St. George Utah
Southern Utah Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered

Q. Can a ex spouse get equity on a house that they both owned and have been divorced since 2008.
A: Your question is going to be fact intensive. I don't think I have enough information here to fully answer your question. The terms of your decree will likely govern. However, there may have to be some adjustments based upon a 12 year delay. I would recommend taking a copy of your divorce decree to an attorney to review and give you specific information. The more that you know going into that consultation, the more helpful it will be. I suggest knowing the current mortgage balance, the balance at the time of the divorce, the current value of the home (at least approximately), and the value of the home at the time of the divorce.
Q. I was mailed an order from my ex husband that does not have a judge’s stamp or signature. Is this even valid?
A: Generally a court order will have an electronic signature stamp at the top right corner. If you have a question about whether or not it is valid, your best bet would be to call the Court to confirm. You could also do a consultation with an attorney who could check the docket online to give you similar information.
Q. My child’s father hasn’t seen her or paid child support in 2.5 years. We have no custody order. What do I need to do?
A: The answer to this question is that it depends. Generally speaking, a termination of parental rights is a very difficult task. From your question, it does not appear that you are seeking to terminate parental rights. However, short of a termination of parental rights, a parent will always have some rights. Based upon his absence, those rights may be less than they would otherwise be. However, he would likely be afforded some parent-time, probably with a schedule to build up to a normal parent-time schedule. A custody fight is not something that should be done alone. Custody is very fact dependent and carries lasting consequences. You want to make sure that it is done correctly the first time. I highly recommend that you at least talk to an attorney about the specifics of your case before moving forward. You would benefit greatly from having representation throughout the entire case if you can afford an attorney.
Q. What can happen if you were arrested for DV-Assault-Simple and intoxication?
A: What can happen and what will happen are fact dependent questions. This can depend on what evidence exists, what happened in the physical altercation, who was the aggressor, etc. DV assault is generally charged as a class B misdemeanor. As a Class B, the maximum penalty is 6 months in jail and a $1,000.00 fine. I suggest that you obtain an attorney to assist you in this matter. If you cannot afford a private attorney, you may qualify for an appointed attorney. Having an attorney will help you navigate these charges to get the best result possible.
Q. Can I file a protective order for my child?
A: A child protective order requires that a child is being physically or sexually abused or is in imminent danger of being abused. I believe that the conduct you describe meets the statutory requirements for a child protective order or for a stalking injunction if it occurred multiple times. You have options available to you.
Q. I am going to court for a misdemeanor b and I am not sure what to binge with me
A: Based upon the information provided, I assume that you are going to Court for an arraignment at this point. It is always advisable to bring an attorney with you to Court. If you cannot do so, be prepared to enter a not guilty plea and then seek out an attorney.
Q. My mom filed for custidy of my kids
A: You will want to get in touch with an attorney sooner rather than later. The answer to this question could vary greatly depending on what exactly happened to get custody of your kids. You will want to meet with an attorney who can look up the case to determine what was filed - guardianship, custody by a non-parent, adoption, etc. Once you know what was filed, you can formulate a game plan going forward.
Q. Can my ex's sister, temporary guardian of our 16 month old daughter, legally restrict my visitation?
A: I’m sorry that you are going through these problems with your daughter. Any time you are dealing with custody issues, I suggest having an attorney. The initial decision is crucial and you want to make sure it is done right. It is always harder to change down the road. Generally speaking, you can terminate a guardianship by revoking your consent. However in your case it sounds like you would then be in a custody fight with your ex
Q. I want to stop receiving child support through the agency and get it straight from the other parent. Can this be done
A: If you both agree to stop using ORS to collect child support, this should not be a problem provided that neither of you are using any public assistance for the children. Generally, the parent receiving support can request that ORS close the case. However, if you children are receiving public assistance, ORS may stay involved as the State has an interest at that time.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Bangerter, Frazier & Graff, PC
720 S. River Road, Ste. A-200
St. George, UT 84790
Telephone: (435) 628-8587