Lana Elliott

Lana Elliott

Elliott Law Group, PLLC
  • Immigration Law
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Lana Elliott recognizes on a personal level the steps, challenges, rewards and frequent obstacles found in the post-9/11 immigration process. With her law degrees, and being an immigrant herself, Lana has become well educated in American Immigration Law. Recognizing her unique insight into an often complex legal immigration process, Lana has devoted her law career specifically to Immigration Law.

Lana practices family, asylum, and other areas of Immigration Law. She helps her clients to obtain immigrant and non-immigrant visas, green cards and citizenship. In addition to the main Spokane Valley law office in February of 2018 Elliott Law Group has opened a second office in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho to serve immigrant community of North Idaho. Lana works with clients in all fifty states and world wide. She is a member of the ABA (American Bar Association) and AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association).

Because of her personal experiences with the Immigration Law system, Lana has worked to develop a dedicated team of attorneys, paralegals and assistants who share the same passion for Immigration Law, so that every client’s case gets the individual attention it deserves.

Practice Area
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Senior Attorney
Elliott Law Group, PLLC
- Current
Law Offices of Lana Elliott, PLLC
Humboldt Superior Court
University of Idaho College of Law
J.D. (2004) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Ukrainian National Academy of Law
LL.M. (2000) | Law
Honors: Honors
Placeholder image for education.
Evpatoria Nursing College
Nursing (1986) | Nursing
Honors: Honors
Placeholder image for education.
Best Immigration Lawyers in Spokane
Three Best Rated
Superb Rating
Peer Review Rated 5.0/5.0
Best Immigration Lawyers in Spokane
Professional Associations
Spokane County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar Association  # 36496
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Elliott Law Group
Speaking Engagements
Adjunct Professor, Gonzaga University Law School
Websites & Blogs
Lana Elliott's Website Profile
Elliott Law Group, PLLC Website
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered
Q. I am here in the US on ESTA with my minor child. My parents are Green card holders. They have petitioned for our I-130.
A: I am sorry to hear about your mother's health issue. To answer your question; a stay under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) cannot be extended, unless there is an emergency medical situation (but it must be on the part of the applicant. I do not believe your mother's medical situation qualifies for an exception). However, as you probably know, after the departure, you can re-enter the U.S. for another 90 day period. I would strongly advise that you depart, because when a priority date for your immigrant visa petition becomes current, you may experience complications in obtaining your Green Card if you previously overstayed your visa.

Sorry for not having better news.
Q. My wife is waiting for her adjustment of status and she has an advance parole document. Is she able to travel to canada
A: Yes, she is able to travel abroad as long as she not only filed her I-131 (Document for advance parole), but also received it. If she just filed and is waiting for it while her AOS is pending, if she travels, her adjustment of status application is considered to be abandoned, and unfortunately, she will need to re-file it (and other negative immigration consequences might apply).
Q. Ive got a question on child US immigration (citizenship) that has been bothering me for a long time
A: I am not aware of the process that would allow a minor to renounce their citizenship. Parents are not allowed to make this decision on behalf of their children. A child must be at least 16 years of age to present himself at the US consulate abroad and request renunciation of h their citizenship. Even then a consulate officer might still find that a child lacks maturity and recommend them to wait util the age of 18.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Elliott Law Group, PLLC
Spokane Valley
920 N Argonne Rd. #110
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
Telephone: (509) 891-4301
Fax: (509) 891-9371
Monday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)