Kurt Young EsqLaw Offices of Kurt M. Young, LLC
- Workers' Compensation, Gov & Administrative Law
Kurt Young is a 1990 graduate of the University of Akron with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a 1993 Graduate of Case Western Reserve University’s School of Law. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio and the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and is a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Kurt is an Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Specialist in Ohio Workers’ Compensation Law. He has argued over 18,000 hearings before all levels of the Industrial Commission of Ohio and has litigated hundreds of cases before various Courts of Common Pleas and District Courts of Appeals throughout Ohio and has over two dozen published Court of Appeals and a dozen Ohio Supreme Court decisions.
In 2005. 2006 and 2007, Kurt Young was named as an Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star. In the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Editions, he was named an Ohio Super Lawyer, recognizing him as one of the Top 5 % of Ohio’s attorneys in the area of Ohio Workers’ Compensation Law. He has been rated as Superb, 10/10 by the lawyer rating website Avvo and is ranked as “Notable” by Martindale-Hubble Attorney rating service, recognizing him as one of the highest rated attorneys in both skill & ethics.
He was the longest serving Chair of Toledo Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Committee, Past Chair of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers’ Workers’ Compensation Executive Committee, Past Ohio Captain of the Work Injury Law & Advocacy Group (national workers’ compensation attorneys organization) and a member of the Ohio State Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Committee, and past member of the American Association for Justice Work Place Injury Committee.
Kurt is an active participant in the political system of Ohio. He is a current Member of the Lucas County Board of Elections, Chair of the Lucas County Democratic Party, Executive Committee Member of the Ohio Democratic Party, and a fo
- Workers' Compensation
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Voting Rights
I will meet with all potential clients on a no cost no obligation basis.
- Contingent Fees
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Offices of Kurt M. Young, LLC
- - Current
- At Large Council Member
- Toledo City Council
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- J.D. (1993) | Law
- Activities: Journal of International Law, Student Bar Association, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity Chapter Justice, Research Analysis and Writing Upper Class Sponsor. Student Bar Association OSBA liaison
- University of Akron
- B.A. (1990) | Political Science
- Honors: Dean's List College of Arts & Sciences; Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership Honorary).
- Activities: Associated Student Government, Executive Justice, Student Superior Court; College Democrats President;
- Toledo 20 Under 40
- Friend of the Community Award Winner
- Toledo GLU
- Patrick Henry Award Winner
- Leadership Toledo
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Board Member and Former Workers' Compensation Chair
- - Current
- Toledo Bar Association
- Former Workers' Compensation Chair
- - Current
- Ohio State Bar
- - Current
- Activities: Member Workers' Compensation Committee
- Ohio Workers' Compensation Law Specialist
- Ohio State Bar Association