Free Consultation: (201) 292-1930Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kristofher Beralo

Kristofher Beralo

Beralo & Michael, LLC.
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Kristofher Beralo is a founding member of Beralo & Michael. Mr. Beralo grew up in Jersey City attending Marist High School in Bayonne, NJ. While still in high school Mr. Beralo joined the military as an Infantry soldier and deployed to the Middle East.

Mr. Beralo continued with his military service where he received numerous commendations and attended specialized schools such as Air Assault, Army Combatives and Drill Sergeant School. Mr. Beralo also served as a Platoon Sergeant for the 98th Division, instructing future leaders to becoming a Drill Sergeant. Currently, Mr. Beralo is a commissioned officer assigned to the 4th LOD JAG unit acting as a Judge Advocate General.

Mr. Beralo graduated from Rutgers-Newark in 2012 and attended Loyola-New Orleans College of Law shortly thereafter. While still in law school Mr. Beralo interned for esteemed New Orleans Attorneys Jason R. Williams and Nandi Campbell. Mr. Beralo also represented clients in Immigration Court as a 3rd year law student with limited practice. Mr. Beralo graduated in 2016 with a JD and an MBA.

Shortly thereafter Mr. Beralo moved back to New Jersey and worked under the tutelage of James R. Lisa and Peter Willis where he successfully tried cases in the majority of counties throughout New Jersey both in the Municipal and Superior Court level.

Mr. Beralo regularly appears in Municipal Courts and Superior Courts in Hudson County, Bergen County, Somerset County and Monmouth County.

Mr. Beralo has also represented clients in the New Jersey Appellate Division and Federal Court.. In his experience, communication and honesty is the most important thing in a successful attorney-client relationship. Mr. Beralo also serves as the Bergenfield Municipal Court Public Defender. Mr. Beralo is a passionate advocate with a reputation for being a straight-shooter when it comes to his clients’ cases.

Last updated: December 21, 2019

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Tax Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    Case By Case Basis
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Beralo & Michael, LLC.
- Current
Law Office Of Kristofher Beralo
- Current
Law Offices of James R. Lisa, Esq.
Associate Attorney. Litigating matters that are heard on both the Superior Court and Municipal Court.
Law Office of Meneses and Rosades
Filed motions and briefs for Family and Criminal Matters.
Law Office of Jason Williams, ESQ.
Assisted in Trial Preparation for Criminal Defense cases in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (2016)
Placeholder image for education.
Loyola University New Orleans
MBA (2016)
Placeholder image for education.
Rutgers University - Newark
B.A. (2012)
Rutgers University - Newark Logo
US Army
Drill Sergeant Course
US Army
Air Assault School
US Army
Human Resource School
US Army
Infantry School
US Army
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey # 142932017
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Drill Sergeant, Fort Dix, New Jersey
Gave inspiration and motivation to civilians about the importance of being a soldier and our duty to protect the American way of life.
United States Tax Court
Tax Court
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. I live in Colorado and am attempting to resolve outstanding NJ traffic tickets. Can you help, or must I be present?
A: You could have your appearance waive for certain circumstances. Reach out to a NJ attorney so that they could help resolve this matter for you.
Q. Can I withdraw my guilty plea of eluding police (car chase) if I fired my lawyer due to misrepresentation?
A: A short answer is that you can file a motion to withdraw your guilty plea. However, I suggest you hire an attorney to further guide you on this matter since there a lot to consider such as where you are procedurally (if you were sentenced etc.) with the case and the circumstances of your plea (plea form, plea hearing etc.).
Q. Am I assigned a public defender when arrested?
A: On your first appearance, the court will ask you whether or not you want to hire an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will ask you to fill out a form so that a public defender could represent you.
Q. I was denied drug court due to a 2007 agg assault charge Are there any arguments I can present to get into drug court
A: You can file a motion to the court appealing your legal rejection for drug court. I would advise consulting with an attorney regarding this matter. You can request transcripts from the court that heard the matter. There are forms you can fill out in court.
Q. I got pulled over for Allegedly being on my phone, was given a ticket to go go to court but no fine amount. what now?
A: Without really knowing exactly what ticket were issued to you, I am going to assume that is 39:4-97.3 “Use of hands-free wireless telephone in moving vehicle. If this is the case, you can either plead guilty and pay $200-$400 fine (if this was your first offense) and resolve the matter or set a trial date. I would advise consulting with an attorney if you do not want to plead to the initial offense.
Q. Can a convicted person, guilty of one criminal charge, be sentenced prison time and probation time?
A: Generally no. You may be confusing probation and parole. Both are alternative ways to serve a sentence outside of jail after a guilty finding. Probation means all of the sentence is served outside of jail unless the individual violates the terms of their probation. Usually, if the sentence is jail time, an individual is not placed on probation afterwards. Parole is another alternative way to serve part of a sentence outside of jail. An individual qualifies for parole after first serving a certain amount of their sentence in jail. Mandatory minimums are different depending on the charges. Either way, a judge usually cannot impose a lengthier sentence that the maximum allowed by law, whether it be probation, jail time, or a combination of jail time and parole. Defendants should always consult with an attorney because exceptions to this general rule do exist. One example in New Jersey is Parole Supervision For Life.
Q. Who does the Dream act effect?
A: No, since your baby brother was born in the US he is not considered a "Dreamer". Those are only for individuals who are undocumented who was brought to this country by their parents at a certain age.
Q. I married 9/15 separated within months.I want child support. why the court wants my last yr income when i make less now
A: The court just want to see what you made last year and would weigh that with what you are making this year. The court wants see your potential earning and see why you are making less now (if it is by choice). In most cases however, the court will use your current income when they calculate child support guideline.
Q. my husband file for divorce , I just got notified . we have one child in common , also he's not paying for child support
A: Assuming you are awarded primary custody of the child, the court will run the child support guideline in order to determine how much you should be receiving for the child. I'm not really sure why you mentioned the assault incident? I'm assuming you filed a TRO. And you will have a separate hearing for that. The outcome of that hearing can affects child custody (which in turn can affect child support).
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Beralo & Michael, LLC
567 Summit Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Telephone: (201) 292-1930
Cell: (908) 365-9444
Fax: (201) 603-6775