Free Consultation: (512) 480-9020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kiele Linroth Pace

Kiele Linroth Pace

The Pace Law Firm, P.C.
  • Domestic Violence, Criminal Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As an experienced criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor, I know how the criminal justice system works and what it takes to get good results.

My goal in every case is to obtain not only a great result but also the best possible outcome for my client under the facts and circumstances of the case. Consequently, my clients have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they can trust their lawyer to protect their legal rights and handle their cases in a way that ensures the best outcome for them.

I have deep roots in Austin and practice exclusively in Travis County. Every one of my clients is important to me so rather than delegate my cases to an assistant or junior associate, I keep my caseload small so that I can provide personal attention to each client and put a lot of work into every case, whether it's a felony or misdemeanor, state or federal charge.

Practice Areas
  • Domestic Violence
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
    Meeting with an attorney at The Pace Law Firm requires payment of a non-refundable deposit for the attorney’s time. If we are hired to handle the case, the deposit is applied to our attorney fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Pay online with MasterCard, Visa, Discover or Google Checkout.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    We focus on defending people accused of domestic assault in and around Austin, Texas. Our mission is to provide the highest quality representation and the best possible result for each client. We do not represent common criminals. Our clients are the type of people who plan for their futures and generally make good decisions in life. They are good people that cannot afford to NOT to be represented by an exceptional defense team that focuses on defending people accused of domestic assault.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founder and Director
The Pace Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
I defend people accused of domestic assault in Austin, Texas. My mission is to provide the highest quality representation and the best possible result for each client.
University of Texas - Austin
J.D. (2000) | Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Advanced Criminal Defense Clinic
University of Texas - Austin Logo
University of Texas - Austin
B.B.A. (1997) | Managment Information Systems
University of Texas - Austin Logo
Client's Choice - Domestic Violence
Texas Bar Foundation
Professional Associations
American Inns of Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar  # 24032810
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Competency Questionnaire
Voice for the Defense
Speaking Engagements
The Ethics of Handling Client Funds , Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Travis County Women Lawyers Association
Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Austin 2016 - 2018
Websites & Blogs
Austin Justice
Legal Answers
1109 Questions Answered

Q. Is there a way to fight this?
A: There are a bunch of rules regarding the admissibility of evidence. You should NOT post any more details about your case online but you SHOULD read about the "exclusionary rule" and the doctrine of "the fruit of the poisonous tree." Be sure to also read about the exceptions, like attenuation and good faith. Once you are firm on those points, have a private conversation with your criminal defense attorney about whether the arrest was an unreasonable seizure in violation of your rights.
Q. How can the District Attorney reject a case, but CPS found a “reason to believe” the incident occurred?
A: The DA's decision not to prosecute your sister for a crime doesn't determine the outcome of the CPS case because the two agencies have different roles and different perspectives. To prove a crime, the DA's office would need to show that your sister acted with malicious intent or reckless disregard for your son's safety. Furthermore, Texas law explicitly allows the use of force against a child for discipline or to promote the child's welfare if the person using force is a parent, stepparent, or acting "in loco parentis" which your sister was doing as his aunt and babysitter. Finally, it is the duty of every prosecutor to "do justice" which that even if a law was broken the DA shouldn't seek an unjust conviction. CPS plays by an entirely different set of rules. They could decide that there was negligent supervision even if no laws were broken. You should hire a local Family Law attorney who has experience actually fighting CPS. When you are searching around, don't just look for someone who "takes CPS cases" because that could be someone who takes court-appointed Ad Litem cases where they technically represent the child but often actually just rubber-stamp whatever CPS wants to do with the case. You need a lawyer who isn't afraid to push back against CPS.
Q. 3/5/18 I was arrested and charged with 2nd degree felony. Still never convicted. Why can’t I buy a hunting rifle
A: It is a violation of federal law (18 U.S. Code § 922) because you are under felony indictment. Talk to your criminal defense attorney about the status of your case and whether it would be advisable to attempt to hurry it along or continue to wait it out.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Pace Law Firm
401 Congress Ave
Suite 1540
Austin, TX 78701
Telephone: (512) 480-9020
Fax: (512) 682-9020