Kevin is a leader in both his profession and community:
- In April 2019, Kevin was honored as one of Mississippi’s Top 50 Under 40 by the Mississippi Business Journal;
- In 2017-2018, Kevin served as President of the Lafayette County Bar Association, overseeing the interests of local attorneys;
- In November 2015, Kevin was elected to serve as Lafayette County District 1 Supervisor;
- Kevin has been voted “Oxford’s Favorite Attorney” by readers of The Local Voice newspaper for eleven consecutive years, beginning in 2009;
- Additionally, Kevin has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Mississippi in the practice area of Criminal Defense Law by The National Trial Lawyers, as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers in Mississippi by the American Society of Legal Advocates, and was recognized as “Young Professional of the Year” by the Young Professionals of Oxford in September 2010.
In addition to his history as an elected public servant, Kevin has served on the City of Oxford’s Downtown Parking Advisory Commission, the Board of Directors for the Lafayette County Bar Association and is a member of The Lamar Order at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He has previously served the community as a member of Oxford’s Historic Preservation Commission, a member of Oxford’s Alcohol Task Force, a member and former Vice President of the Board of Directors of Theatre Oxford, as President of the Board of Directors of Young Professionals of Oxford. He taught as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Mississippi School of Law for five years, where he was Director of the Public Service Internship Program and ABOTA Federal Trial Practice courses.