Kevin M. ColwellThe Colwell Law Group, LLC
- Divorce, Family Law
- New York
You deserve family law representation that is committed to you and which has the skills and experience to deliver the best possible results.
Facing a divorce or other type of family law matter on your own can be stressful and can create serious anxiety. We know what our clients are going through as they work through the family law matters they are confronting. This is why we focus on providing the most effective representation and the highest levels of personal service for our clients.
We know that ultimately people come to us for results. Our decades of combined experience negotiating and trying cases helps us build very strong cases that ensure that your best interests are being served. Our depth of knowledge of the courts and the law allow us to act as effective advocates who are able to help you secure the best possible outcomes to a wide variety of family law matters.
Beyond delivering the results people need, we work to give our clients the personal treatment they deserve as they are going through such difficult times. We familiarize our clients regarding what they can expect moving forward. We help our clients understand how the different decisions they will have to make could impact their futures. We want you to be informed and involved in your case so that we can create a strategy that is tailored to who you are and what you hope to get out of your case.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
All major credit cards, pay pal, cash, and checks accepted. Financing available upon request.
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Colwell Law Group, LLC
- University of Dayton School of Law
- J.D. (1997) | Law
- State University of New York - College at Geneseo
- B.A. (1993) | Political Science and Government
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- AV Preeminent
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Services
- Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Top 100 Lawyers
- The National Advocates
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney for New York
- American Jurist Institute
- 10 Best - Client Satisfaction
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Selected: 2016 & 2017
- New York State Bar  # 2872984
- - Current
- Bankruptcy and Divorce
- The blog of The Colwell Law Group, LLC
- Divorce, Capital Region Second Saturday
- The Colwell Law Group, LLC
- Child Custody
- Custody of Pets and Animals During Divorce
March 3, 2023
- The Cost of Divorce in New York
March 2, 2023
- Important Questions to Ask Your Divorce Lawyer
March 1, 2023
- Q. Looking for a lawyer to represent my daughter. It's a child custody case where the father is a narcissistic
- A: You are well served with an attorney experienced in the area of family law. I am happy to have an intake specialist contact you if you wish to provide your contact information. Message our firm if you are interested in a free initial consultation. This is a common characteristic in many of our child custody matters. However, it is important to discuss all of the facts and circumstances with an experienced attorney ASAP.
- Q. hello my name is norma i am looking to get a divorce and was wondering what steps i need to take to start that process
- A: Most attorneys will provide a free initial consultation. Find a divorce lawyer in your area and contact him or her to set up a consultation.
- Q. i want to hire a NY family court lawyer, but he is employed as the court attorney. Is this a conflict or problem?
- A: It is unclear from your question whether or not the attorney you wish to hire would have a conflict of interest problem. The best thing to do would be to ask the attorney directly if he or she would have a conflict of interest in the event he or she took your case.