Ken Watkins is an accomplished trial attorney and Senior Shareholder with Sommers Schwartz. Over the course of his career, he has obtained numerous multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of the clients he’s been proud to represent. His achievements include one of the largest seven-digit medical malpractice cases in Macomb County in 2008, and his election to membership in the exclusive Million Dollar Verdict Club.
Outside of the practice, Ken is known for giving back to the community. He has spoken on several occasions at the Detroit Public Schools Career Days; serves on board of directors for Urban Solutions, Inc., an organization dedicated to providing scholarships to inner-city youths each year. Ken was a charter member and trustee for the Motor City Optimist Club, assisting area youth through community activities and organizational empowerment and previously served as co-president of the Brother Rice High School Dad’s Club and participated on its board of directors for three years.
Ken was recently elected to the Board of Directors of the Oakland Schools Education Foundation, and also serves on the Board of Directors for Don Bosco Hall, a private non-profit agency that provides supportive human services to enhance the quality of life for youth and their families residing in the Metropolitan Detroit-Wayne County Community.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Sommers Schwartz, PC
- - Current
- Northwestern University
- Detroit College of Law
- J.D. (1992)
- “Men of Excellence”
- Michigan Chronicle
- Top Lawyer
- Dbusiness Magazine
- Michigan Super Lawyers – 2010 to present
- Super Lawyers
- Premier 100
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Equity and Commercial Transactions
- American Jurisprudence Awards
- Wolverine Bar Association
- Former President and Former Executive Board Member
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Executive Board Sustaining, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Minority Delegate Representative & State Delegate
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Chicago Area
- National Bar Association
- rmer Special Assistant to the President, Former Member of Judicial Review & Selection Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Judicial Qualifications Committee
- State Bar of Michigan # P46231
- Michigan Medical Law Report
- “Chaperones Are Necessary Eyewitness for Both Patient, Doctor”
- Detroit Public Schools, Career Days
- Wolverine Bar Association, Minority Bar Review Course
In this Legal News Update, Sommers Schwartz attorney Kenneth Watkins explains the types of damages that medical malpractice victims and their families can recover.What Is Medical Malpractice?
In this Legal News Update, Sommers Schwartz attorney Kenneth Watkins discusses the law and facts necessary to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit.What Kinds of Medical Errors Constitute Medical Malpractice?
In this Legal News Update, Sommers Schwartz attorney Kenneth Watkins explains the types of mistakes that doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers make that can lead to...