Free Consultation: (801) 210-1058Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth Prigmore

Kenneth Prigmore

Prigmore Law, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Business Law
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ken Prigmore owns his firm and has been practicing social security, Real Estate Law, Trusts/Estates, Wills, Contracts, and Corporate law in the state of Utah for over 12 years.

If you obtain your Estate Plan at Prigmore Law, you will pay less than you would at larger law firms in cities to the North. A higher price does not equate with higher quality legal documents. The laws are the same no matter what you pay. I have reviewed Estate Plans that clients purchased for several thousand dollars that failed to properly manage and distribute the estate. Some plans are quite showy, but turn out to be burdensome and complicated to manage. Often the most complicated and involved plans are the least useful.

When he isn't at work, you can usually find him swimming at the Rec Center or spending time with his family. Ken's professional accomplishments include presiding over two Attorney training groups in his field. His favorite local vacation spot is St. George, Utah. His favorite location to attend a Federal hearing (and go snorkeling) is Kona, Hawaii. Ken is put off by high-pressure sales which makes him careful to give his clients pressure-free options and advice.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Solo Attorney
Prigmore Law, PLLC
- Current
Solo Attorney
Wasatch Disability Law, PLLC
Representing clients seeking Social Security Disability benefits.
Managing Attorney
Utah Disability Law
Practicing Social Security Disability law.
Associate Attorney
Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C.
Representing clients in Social Security claims, drafting estate planning documents, creating corporations, drafting contracts, researching real estate issues.
Associate Attorney
Reneer and Associates
Drafting motions and representing clients at hearings and at trial.
Clerk / Associate Attorney
Hughes and Morley
Meeting with clients. Drafting contracts. Representing clients at hearings.
University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Honors: Dean's List
University of Oklahoma College of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. | English
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 11232
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
President of the Social Security Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wasatch Front American Inn of Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
"Should My Client Apply for Social Security Disability?"
Utah Trial Journal
Websites & Blogs
Prigmore Law
Legal Answers
139 Questions Answered
Q. If I were to buy a house with a married man that I’m not married to, would the wife have any right to the house?
A: The answer depends on what you have listed on the deed. If the deed says two people own the house "as Joint Tenants" this means that when one dies, the other will own the full house. If the deed only lists both of your names, then when one dies, their half of the house will be a part of the decedent's estate. If Bob and Mary (married or not married, it doesn't change this law) buy a house together, and the deed says the new owners are "Bob Johnson and Mary Johnson" then when Bob dies first, Mary only owns one half of the house. The other half is in Bob's Estate. If Bob has a Will, he may have stated who gets his half of the house when he dies. If Bob does not have a Will, then state law will decide who gets his share. Normally it all goes to his current spouse at death. Even if Bob signs a will giving everything to someone else, his current wife at death gets to take an "elective share". This is not a set amount or percentage, it gets figured based on a few factors and then the surviving wife takes that share no matter what. If Bob does not want his wife to inherit anything, he needs to get divorced. If he wants you to inherit the house, he needs to either add you to his will or put your name on a new deed as a joint tenant. There are many other issues that I discuss with clients based on their situation. I highly recommend you sit down with an attorney for a few minutes to discuss your situation.
Q. buyer threatened violence against seller. Seller wants to cancel contract. buyers offer is way less than FMV. ?
A: I highly recommend you communicate directly with an attorney to allow them to ask you questions and give you the best advice possible. Threats of violence are never ok. Contact local law enforcement and make a report. You can send a copy of the report to the buyer with a notice of termination of your contract. Contracts made under threat of violence are unenforceable. Keep in mind that proof of the threats may be required to successfully defend a lawsuit. This proof might come through witnesses or records of your communications by text or email, or whatever else leaves no doubt of what was communicated. When you send the termination notice, you may need to find a safe place to go until the buyer has cooled off. If at all possible, try working through 3rd parties for all future communication with the buyer.
Q. How do I get a tax id number on my family trust I'm trying to collect on a annuity and don't have the actual trust
A: Your best answer depends on a few things that an attorney would need to discuss with you. If you don't have a copy of the Trust, you need help proving your authority as the Trustee. If you are the creator of the Trust, you can always sign an updated version of the Trust. If you are an heir and believe you are a successor Trustee, without a copy of the Trust, you may be forced to probate the estate and get a court determination that the Trust no longer exists. Other options may work, but you need to sit down with an Estate Planning/Probate attorney to discuss all the details before identifying options.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Prigmore Law, PLLC
946 N 200 E
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Telephone: (801) 210-1058
Cell: (801) 210-1058