Free Consultation: (816) 286-7523Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth J. Geniuk

Kenneth J. Geniuk

  • Civil Rights, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
  • Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My name is Ken Geniuk, and I'm the owner of the Law Office of Kenneth J. Geniuk, LLC. Licensed in both Kansas and Missouri, I am able to serve clients on both sides of the state line with a variety of legal problems. My main practice areas include divorce/family law, domestic litigation and child custody/support modifications, paternity and non-married couple custody disputes, auto accidents and personal injuries, and traffic/DUI/DWI charges as well as other minor criminal infractions, both in state court and city courts. In addition to my experience as an attorney, I have personally been through two divorces, with custody battles each time, as well as subsequent child support and custody modification proceedings, and also having been the claimant in a personal injury case. As such, I can truly identify with my clients during what can be one of the most emotionally charged times of their lives, and I have a unique perspective of the litigation process from the client's point of view, as well as a unique perspective of what clients expect from their attorney. One of my practice philosophies is that my clients should always be able to make informed and knowledgable decisions. That's why I try to make it a point to always educate my clients with respect to the legal process and what should be expected throughout each stage of the case or litigation. I also make it a point to educate my clients on the state of the law, explaining why things are the way they are, the standards of review and burdens of proof applicable to the case that a judge or jury must abide by, and how the law will likely be applied to the facts of the case. If you find yourself needing an attorney who will be on your side and in your corner every step of the way, consider trusting in the Law Office of Kenneth J. Geniuk, LLC for reliable and experienced representation.

Practice Areas
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    DUI & DWI
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal
  • Contingent Fees
    Only for personal injury cases (i.e., auto accidents, slip-and-fall, etc.).
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Most cases handled on a flat fee basis with a down payment and set monthly payments. Rates are very affordable.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
J.D. (2006)
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Missouri State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Kansas City Lawyer
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. How do I locate a case in the court from three years ago?
A: Go to and do a litigant name search. Or, go to the courthouse where your case was/is, and the court clerk can usually look up the case based on the names of the litigants.
Q. I am the co-owner of a dog and the other owner will not allow me access to her. What are my rights?
A: Animals are considered personal property. Unless you have been given unrestricted access to the other person's home, I would not recommend going into the home and retrieving the dog, as your entry into the home could be considered trespassing, which might get you in legal trouble. If you HAVE been given unrestricted access, then you would probably be okay retrieving the dog, as you can not be charged with stealing your own property. In any respect, I would not do anything until you discuss the details more thoroughly with an attorney. Property law is heavily fact-driven, and you need to discuss those facts in order to get the best legal advice.
Q. I want to report domestic violence but I don't want charges filed is this possible?
A: I do not know the particulars of your situation, but domestic violence is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. That being said, a victim of domestic violence can request an order of protection from the circuit court, and the proceedings would be a civil matter, not criminal. If the domestic violence is reported to law enforcement, they will likely refer the matter to the prosecuting attorney, who will then determine whether to file criminal charges.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 10558
Kansas City, MO 64188
Telephone: (816) 286-7523
Fax: (816) 817-2522