Keith Kanouse

Keith Kanouse

Representing Entreprenuers and Their Companies
  • Business Law, Securities Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I represent start-up businesses and existing businesses that want to expand through franchising, licensing, dealerships, distributorships, private placement of securities. I also do business entity formation such as S corporations and LLC. I also represent buyers and sellers of businesses. I represent tenants in lease negotiation.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law

    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes

  • Securities Law

Additional Practice Area
  • Franchise Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    You can use your Visa or MasterCard through my website,
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Certain projects I do on a fixed fee basis. Other matters are bill at $425 an hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
University of Notre Dame
J.D. (1974) | Law
Graduated 5th in Class
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Note and Comment Editor of Notre Dame Lawyer Law Review
University of Notre Dame Logo
Bradley University
B.S. (1974) | Business Management
Graduated 10th in Class
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Golf
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
ABA Forum of Franchising
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 208213
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Have written numerous articles that can be downloaded from my websiter,
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. Can I require my mini-storage customers to use auto-pay?
A: You will have to revise your current agreement to add auto-pay for future customers. For current customer the terms of the current agreement will have to be reviewed.
Q. We are trying to buy an assisted living business in Florida. We just moved to Florida 1 month ago from utah.
A: The answer depends on the terms of the agreement you have with the broker. You would have to e-mail a copy of the agreement before I could give you a definitive answer.
Q. I want to source hvac units and resell them to licensed installers locally. Am I able to sell them legally w/o license?
A: I don't think you need a license from the Construction Industry Licensing Board but you would need an occupational license. You should also form an S corporation or LLC to protect you and have the manufacturer cover you under its product liability insurance..
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2255 Glades Road
Suite 324 Atrium
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 451-8090
Fax: (561) 451-8089