Free Consultation: (413) 636-5508Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kathleen Anne Jackson

Kathleen Anne Jackson

Jackson Law
  • Landlord Tenant, Employment Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Massachusetts, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I practice Landlord / Tenant Law, Restraining Orders, Employment Law, and Criminal Law. I help victims of sexual assault and or domestic violence navigate the legal system. I also help small businesses get started.

If you are a Landlord or a Tenant that does not know what to do, I have the answers you need.

If you or your child are facing allegations of Sexual Assault at school, call me.

If you are victim of Domestic Violence and need a Harassment Order, I can represent you in court to get you the protection you need.

Finally, I represent people who have been wrongfully served with a Harassment Order /Restraining Order and need the Order removed.

Practice Areas
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Employment Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Civil Rights
  • Personal Injury
  • Education Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Title IX Investigations
  • Title IX Representation
  • Harrassment Orders/Restraining Orders
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    In certain situations, I will represent Tenants in Housing Court without requiring any money in advance. I accept Contingency Fees for Employment Law matters. Please call if you are employee who needs representation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Jackson Law and Asssociates
- Current
Trial Attorney
Committee for Public Counsel
I worked as a public defender in Superior and District Court for over three years. Since 2007 I have worked in private practice.
McGill Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 4256228
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts State Bar  # 600924
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered

Q. Hello and thank you! Can you explain what happens when a case is moved from district court to the superior court?
A: Once a case has moved from District Court in MA to Superior Court, it means that your daughter is now facing FELONY charges and risking going to STATE PRISON instead of just a County Jail. I am sure she has been either assigned an attorney by the State at this point or you have hired her one. Even if she has been assigned either a bar advocate or a public defender by the state, this attorney SHOULD agree to meet with you at least once, if not more than once, to answer your questions and let you know what is going on. Reach out to the court, or your daughter and find the name and phone number for this attorney and ask to meet with them. These are very serious charges. Meet with the attorney. The case did not really "start over,", it just got way more serious.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Jackson Law
Located in the Werkshires Building
5 Albany Road
Office No. 10
West Stockbridge , MA 01266
Telephone: (413) 636-5508
38 Mahaiwe Street
Great Barrington , MA 01230
Toll-Free: (413) 636-5508