Free Consultation: (515) 491-6128Tap to Call This Lawyer
Katherine Sears

Katherine Sears

Clark & Sears Law, PLLC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI
  • Iowa
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Have a legal problem you want my help with? Head to and click "chat now" :)

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Clark & Sears Law, PLLC
- Current
Student Attorney
Drake University Legal Clinic
Drake University Law School
J.D. (2017) | Law
Honors: Iowa Supreme Court Scholarship, Criminal Law certificate
Placeholder image for education.
Iowa State Supreme Court Scholarship
Drake University Law School
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Iowa State Bar Association  # 33803040
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Clark and Sears Website
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. I was charged with domestic abuse assault- first offense in Iowa
A: I mean. You can request it. If you were convicted of domestic abuse assault against him/her, your chances of *having* it dropped aren't super-great (unless that's also what s/he wants), but you're absolutely free to request it.
Q. if a female single parent is charged with assault is this a justifiable reason to place children in forced foster care
A: I'm sorry, you might want to ask an attorney who handles family law/custody matters. They're likely to be more familiar with DHS and whatnot. "When to place children in foster care" is not in the criminal section of the Iowa Code.
Q. Where can I read what the said in a case involving Keilon Hill in Des Moines Iowa
A: To find out exactly what a judge said in a trial (or a hearing or whatever), you'll want a transcript of the event. Not everything ends up with a transcript being made. If a transcript is available, you may have to pay to get a copy. Here's a thing I found by googling "how to get a transcript."
View More Answers
Contact & Map
317 6th Ave
Ste 1200
Des Moines, IA 50309
Cell: (515) 491-6128
Fax: (844) 466-9366
PO Box 974
Ankeny, IA 50023
Telephone: (515) 491-6128