Julie Fowler

Julie Fowler

Divorce and Custody - Affordable Representation
  • Divorce
  • Nebraska
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Nominated one of "10 Best" Attorneys for Nebraska by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2015. Winner of Michael W. Amdor Memorial Excellence in Legal Research Award.

Practice Area
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Julie Fowler, PC, LLO
Creighton University School of Law
Creighton University School of Law Logo
Michael W. Amdor Memorial Excellence in Legal Research Award
Fourth Judicial District, Douglas County, Nebraska
Professional Associations
Nebraska Bar Association  # 23649
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
580 Questions Answered
Q. I purchased a truck from a private owner that we both signed a bill of sale. He still has not sent the title.
A: If you had a contract regarding purchase of a vehicle and the other party is not fulfilling their part, you may need to bring a breach of contract action against the other party if unable to resolve on your own. If the dollar amount is low enough, you could bring the action in Small Claims Court. There is information regarding Small Claims Court on the Nebraska Supreme Court's website.

Keep in mind that if you purchased a vehicle that had an unresolved lien, then your rights are likely still subject to the rights of the lienholder until the lien is resolved.
Q. Person kills two people runs from scene. Goes in next day wearing same clothes ran in. Why is the person not arrested?
A: If you believe you have information that may be helpful to law enforcement for an open investigation, you can contact that agency's non-emergency line. A detective will contact you back if they are seeking the information you have to share.

Why law enforcement acted or didn't act in a certain way is impossible to guess from the info you provided. Keep in mind that there is sometimes strategy to the way law enforcement moves forward with a case. What mean seem like a mistake may actually be part of a strategy to obtain further evidence in a lawful manner.
Q. What to do about Non custodial parent not complying with parenting plan which is causing child to have behavior problems
A: Filing a show cause/contempt action may be the way to go. This action is used to ask the Court to enforce the Order and to sanction the other party for not following the Court order. Whether this is the way to go or not depends on the specifics of your situation. Depending on what the issue is, maybe a modification action would be better? Maybe mediation? Maybe phone calls between the attorneys will help resolve?

There is further information about enforcing visitation and support orders in family law cases on the Nebraska Supreme Court's website:

View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Julie Fowler, PC, LLO
7777 L Street
Omaha, NE 68127
Telephone: (402) 455-1711
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: No walk-in appointments available. Please call to schedule an appointment.