Free Consultation: (469) 608-0529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Joy N Obiselu

Joy N Obiselu

DFW Family Attorney
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Joy Obiselu is the managing partner at Obi Legal Group (OLG) and an experienced trial lawyer primarily practicing in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex including but not limited to Dallas, Collin, Denton and Tarrant County. Joy Obiselu was born and raised in New Jersey where she attended Montclair State University. Soon after graduating from the university, she attended the great Thurgood Marshall School of Law located in Houston, Texas for law school. In law school, she was an active member of the student body as well as involved in the law school’s journal.

Ms. Obiselu puts her clients first, and fights with a passion for all her clients to ensure that they come out with the best results possible. From bringing families together, reuniting children with mothers and fathers, to closing business deals and drafting agreements, Ms. Obiselu is ready and willing to serve you in any way possible. Ms. Obiselu is selective about the clients she will agree to take, and expects the client to become an active team member. To OLG you are not only a client for a certain amount of time, but once you are a client, you become a client and family for a lifetime.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Juvenile Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute consults. Consultations longer than 15 mins or in person are applied to client's retainer.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Igbo: Spoken, Written
Montclair State University
B.S. | Jurisprudence
Placeholder image for education.
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Cali Award
Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Cali Award for Amjuring Texas Business Associations.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24089066
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Dallas Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Immigration 101, Dallas, Texas
Winner's Chapel Church
Presented on introductory immigrations topics such as visa types, asylum, deportation and different immigrant categories.
Basic Mediation Certificate
Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. Can my son’s mother file for a review of order at any time? Even if we just agreed on a new orders after three years?
A: An order if modified less than a year or under three years just needs to show that there is a substantial and material change.
Q. I did not pay child support to the state but to the mother who moved to mx with my child. Which problems could I face.
A: If you have a current child obligation or had a past obligation you need to make sure that these direct payments are recorded properly with the OAG especially if you have an order. The OAG has no way of knowing you made any payments to mom unless someone notifies them of this. Even still direct payments that are not specified in a court order can be construed as a gift and not child support payments at all.
Q. Do Judge's verbal ruling have to be written by attorneys always? and given to their clients? I live in Texas.
A: Typically, once a judge renders an order, it is the responsibility of one of the attorney's to deduce that order into a written form that can be followed by both parties. If you are having problem's try to reach out to your attorney some more and ask when they order will be entered. A grievance is not always the solution. You can also hire another attorney to take over the case and write the order if you are unable to effectively communicate with your counsel.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
DALLAS, TX 75240
Telephone: (469) 608-0529